About Virgin Australia Group
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
The company is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates, and premium leisure travelers. and holiday makers.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signaled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
The Group recently appointed several new faces to its Executive Leadership Team, all with a proven track record and deep experience in aviation or consumer-focused businesses. Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.
The Labor Category Management Specialist role:
- Working with key stakeholders across all Virgin Group segments to understand relevant business strategies and objectives, to develop and manage the execution of Group wide procurement labor category strategies.
- Drive best in class approaches to labor category management across all segments, focusing on delivering value for money from supplier arrangements in the short and long term as well as risk management and compliance with procurement related procedures and professional best practice.
- Identifying value creating opportunities, building a fact base case for business change, and driving opportunity pursuit into the business.
- Ensure that execution of the strategy, through demand management, strategic sourcing, or supplier management exercises, occur in line with the agreed category strategy to maximise the value the Group obtains from, and manage the risks associated with, that category.
- Contribute to the contract management and supplier relationship management strategies in place for categories under their management and incorporate supplier performance into on-going category strategy development as required.
- Advise and providing commercial leadership for their categories of responsibility across the Group, with the ability to manage internal business stakeholders and external suppliers with strategic procurement needs.
What you need to be successful:
- 7+ years’ experience in strategic sourcing, category management and procurement experience, including at least 1 year in a labor category management role.
- Experience in strategic labor category management across the end to end procurement value chain (demand, source, fulfil, manage)
- Demonstrable understanding of category strategy development and able to articulate its alignment with overall business goals
- Advanced influencing, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrable ability in running cross functional projects/teams and delivering outcomes in a time sensitive environment
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills supporting high-quality delivery.
- Strong commercial acumen developed in a supply chain/procurement context within large organisations.
- Detailed knowledge of leading strategic sourcing and labor category management practices.
- Moderate to complex business case development and financial modelling principles to develop, lead and critically analyses cost reduction and supply-related business improvement initiatives.
- Tertiary qualifications with either a business/commerce or law focus.
- Professional qualifications within the procurement & supply chain management discipline.
Ready to spread your wings?
Boarding for this opportunity won’t last long – register your interest today by applying via the link.
Virgin Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive culture and supportive environment for our people.