About the role:
Support the digital and distribution systems and applications that deliver revenue for the Virgin Australia group. Suggest enhancements as well as provide ongoing management of issues and defects to ensure the best experience for our customers.
- Complete system configurations to adhere to release management protocols.
- Work with internal teams to understand requirements that will help design Responsive solutions.
- Maintain a backlog of small system enhancements and changes.
- Implement the outage process when required.
- Create reports and dashboards to deliver insights and metrics related to the performance of all systems and platforms.
- Proactively suggest improvement to the products.
- Assist with analysis, definition and document the software development lifecycle for all e-Commerce applications and platforms.
What we're looking for:
- Experience working in a corporate IT environment (essential).
- Confidence in successfully managing eCommerce platforms.
- Working knowledge of eCommerce project lifecycle system management.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Corporate booking engine tools experience (desirable).
- Experience in managing multiple priorities and projects.
- Proactive attitude, able to suggest business improvements.
- Team focused.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven relationship building skills to work successfully with internal teams.
- Airline fares and ticketing knowledge (desirable)
- Relevant Information Technology qualification.
About Virgin Australia:
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.