Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
With flights well and truly ramped up again, now’s the perfect time to join our pit crew – our friendly team of baggage handlers who help get our planes turned around on time and make sure everyone’s baggage gets where it needs to be, on time (and in one piece).
What you’ll be doing
If you’re excited by aircraft and aviation, you’ll love being in the pit crew. You’ll get up close and personal with our fleet, carefully loading and unloading bags and freight in the bag room and cargo hold, pushing boarding stairs and helping to open aircraft doors.
Some days will be extra fun as you carefully load pets, and even get to drive those little baggage tugs! You’ll be working outdoors with variety, teamwork, and the opportunity to make mates for life.
Who we’re looking for
For this role, you’ll need to be strong, adaptable and reliable, with the ability to work under pressure in an environment that is always changing – weather, schedules and other parts of the day don’t always go to plan.
You’ll need an Australian driver’s licence, along with living and working rights.
And because we take off and land around the clock, you’ll need to be available for a rotating shift roster (including early starts, late finishes, weekends and public holidays).
What you’ll get from us
- We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Support for your wellbeing, with free counselling and an app for your physical, mental and social health
- Extensive training (No experience? No dramas!)
- Heavily discounted flights for you and your loved ones (including $1000 annual credit)
- Generous annual leave
- Extra pay for weekends, early starts and late finishes, and opportunities for extra shifts
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation, hospitality, retail, technology, beauty and wellness services and more!
- Plenty of opportunities for career progression.
We want you to be yourself – whoever that is. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people living with disability, people from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our rich, diverse family,
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations comes first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Submit your application today.