Flight Operations – Technical Writer
- Permanent full-time Monday to Friday
- Career opportunity to network and progress within aviation operations
- Based in Southbank
In this role, you will be part of the Technical Writing team that delivers superior standards of authoring, quality control, and development of the intellectual content of the Flight Operations manuals that guide our crews and operational support personnel that operates on a 24/7 basis.
The position is based in Brisbane Head Office and, you will work closely with the Leader Flight Operations Technical Support.
As a Technical Writer you will be responsible for:
- Action & administer requests for the publication of new manuals, revisions to existing manuals,
- Technical support regards to policy and procedures for the Flight Operations management team
- Assist the Leader Flight Operations Technical Support to monitor day-to-day events which may adversely impact on Flight Operations or crew functions & responsibilities and take the necessary action to address any issues raised.
- Monitor the quality control, update, revision insertion, & distribution processes for the Virgin Australia port, flight planning facility, & flight deck operational manuals/documentation
- Manage & control the documentation published on the Flight Operations SharePoint pages.
- Provide administrative and technical support for special projects as directed by the Leader Flight Operations Technical Support or Manager Flight Operations Services
What you need to be successful:
- A degree, preferably majoring in aviation-related disciplines, OR are completing or have completed practical flight training, together with evidence of the analytical and report writing competency.
- Demonstrated competency & experience in analysing issues and then writing technical
- Knowledge of aviation legislation, regulations, regulatory structures, including the Australian Aeronautical Information Publications, and interpretative ability for same.
- Strong written communication skills in grammatical English, including the ability to confidently draft intelligible procedures for technical and operational documentation, and to procedural tasks & functions.
- Proficient in MS Office suite of programs
What you’ll get from us:
- Great fares – domestic and international travel benefits for you, your family, and your friends.
- Industry discounts – lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, and retail – you name it, we have a deal for it.
- Health and wellbeing – access to discounted fitness programs.
- Corporate health insurance – multiple offers across multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.
- Diverse career paths and career development.
About Virgin Australia Group
Virgin Australia Group is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates, and premium leisure travelers. and holiday makers.
Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signaled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia
For further information about the Technical Writer role, please refer to the position description.
If you are ready for your next challenge and want to be a part of the Virgin Australia Technical Writing Team, then we encourage you to submit your application now!