Job no: 504873
Work type: Full Time, Max Term
Location: Brisbane, Sydney
Categories: Other IT, Project/Program/Portfolio Management
About the role:
Design technology solutions that address business requirements within the context of the overall business strategy, and in alignment with the VA’s technology standards. Work on core digital transformation projects.
- Design end-to-end IT systems and estimate costs to build and operate the systems.
- Provide guidance and governance over software development teams to ensure systems are built in accordance with architectural standards.
- Maintain technology roadmaps for the IT platforms / applications.
- Develop design standards, blueprints and re-usable frameworks.
- Advise stakeholders on the innovative use of technology to improve business performance.
- Design customer-centric IT solutions, compliant with VA’s technology standards and compliance requirements.
- Accurately estimate the cost to implement and support the solution.
- Maintain 2–3-year roadmaps for the business systems and underlying technology platforms.’
- Proactively identify opportunities to rationalise and improve our technology assets.
- Develop re-usable reference architectures to ensure consistency in solution designs.
What we're looking for:
- Background as a Solution Architect in a large corporation.
- Extensive technical breadth gained through experience in multiple domain architecture disciplines, including application, infrastructure and information/data disciplines.
- Strong background working in project delivery teams that have successfully delivered major business solutions.
- Ability to lead others through technology changes and adoption of new ways of working.
- Capability to deliver a variety supplier models, including managed services and offshore suppliers.
- Automated deployments through CD/CI pipelines
- Advanced understanding of appropriate Solution Architecture frameworks to ensure effective structures and patterns are being utilised to meet business requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of modern software development technologies and methods, particularly RESTful services, .js and the Java Spring boot framework.
About Virgin Australia:
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline group that operates domestic and international passenger services, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
2021 is an exciting time for Virgin Australia as our tourism industry begins to recover from the impact of COVID-19. The Group took flight under new ownership last year, with a renewed sense of identity and focus on its mid-market heartland. We are ramping up our flying schedule as border restrictions ease, refreshing our offering to our core customers, and continuing to deliver the uniquely Virgin customer experience Australians know and love.
At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff who commence prior to 15 November 2021 will be required to comply with the Policy which will include being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before the deadline for your work group and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Application close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer an applicant