Job no: 504773
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Other IT, Business Analysis, Software Engineers, Network and Systems Administration, IT Infrastructure, IT Support, Systems Analysts, Project/Program/Portfolio Management, Developers/Programmers, Testing Analytics, IT Security, Internet Booking Engine
Integration API Technical Lead
We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
The objective of the API Integration Technical Lead role is to provide leadership and management of the development of all of VA’s microservices by the Integration team.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Play a critical role in the direction of our API development by planning, directing, and coordinating the design and development with our Architecture team
- Lead the Integration team who build all API’s for VA’s digital products
- Be the lead developer of all MicroServices
- Continuously evaluate the software development team's work processes and best practices and implement changes to streamline operations.
What you need to be successful
- Degree in a relevant area such as computer science or software engineering with Agile experience
- API Developer for 5+ years
- Very strong software engineering background
- Java 10+ Springboot and at least one other language
- Excellent understanding of API and integration design patterns & best practices
- Strong knowledge on Scalability, Security, Logging, Auditing, Policy Management and Performance Monitoring and KPI for end-to-end process execution
- Architecture for a modern, container based microservices platform hosted on Cloud (AWS)
- Operational management of technical teams
- Microservice framework / pattern creation (secure and compliance).
- Ability to consult with project teams to collect requirements and translate into technical solutions
- Usage of CI/CD tools such as Github
- Ability to deliver high quality software engineering practices and guidance to team members
Apply using the link below and for more information reach out to Dee Fitzgerald from the Talent Acquisition team for a confidential discussion.
No Agencies please at this time.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Application close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now