Job no: 504704
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Other IT, Business Analysis, Software Engineers, Network and Systems Administration, IT Infrastructure, IT Support, Systems Analysts, Project/Program/Portfolio Management, Developers/Programmers, Testing Analytics, IT Security, Internet Booking Engine
DevOps Systems & Solutions Lead
We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
The objective of the DevOps Systems & Solutions Lead role is to provide leadership and establishment of the development of applications through continuous integration, delivery processes, reusable deployment systems and robust systems across a variety of platforms including web and mobile. The DevOps Systems & Solutions Lead will unify the roles of software Development/Testing, Security & Operations and have them come together to put software into production.
You will have the opportunity to
- Play a critical role in the strategic direction of software development by planning, directing, and coordinating the design and development of CI/CD integration technology solutions
- Lead the automation of our Digital Products Platforms including the deployment of cloud-based tools, testing and code deployment
- Improve efficiency and support our digital products strategies
- With our architecture team, guide the software development teams to shape our modern engineering standards to smoothly run our digital services
- Continuously evaluate the software development team's work processes and best practices and implement changes to streamline operations.
What you need to be successful
- Degree in a relevant area such as computer science or software engineering
- Very strong software engineering background
- Detailed understanding of streaming and message-driven architectures
- Proven & significant experience in leading DevOps & CI/CD practices
- AWS Certification e.g. Certified AWS Solution Architect or equivalent
- Experience across numerous DevOps and automation tooling; Gitlab CI, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, IDE’s, MongoDB, New Relic Monitoring
- Experience in the use of content distribution network (CDN) services such as Akamai
- Java and at least one other language
- Understanding of high-performance and reliability engineering principles
- Worked within Agile environments
Apply using the link below and for more information reach out to Dee Fitzgerald from the Talent Acquisition team for a confidential discussion.
No Agencies please at this time.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Application close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now