Hello. We’re Velocity Frequent Flyer. And we’re back (in a big way).
With a year of ups and downs behind us all, we’re now ramping things up. Looking for new, Business Development Managers to join our fast-growing squad, responsible for acquiring new and managing existing partners in our programs. Velocity Frequent Flyer is an award-winning loyalty program, currently 10 million members strong, and counting. That’s half of Australia!
If successful, you’ll be able to brag your heart out that millions of Australians have you and your team to thank for stacking up their points and making getting back up in the air even more exciting.
What you’ll be doing:
The commercial team within Velocity Frequent Flyer is responsible for acquiring new and managing existing partners in our programs.
In this role you will play a pivotal role focusing on growth and driving exciting new commercial outcomes. You will build out our partner ecosystem by analysing revenue opportunities and creating world class experiences with new and existing Velocity partners.
Success in this role will be the design of innovative and breakthrough strategies that create value for our partners, our members and the program and importantly enable long term stakeholder advocacy.
You will be a critical driver of growth responsible for leading end to end business development strategy and execution; including identification and securing of key strategic partners, developing mutually beneficial partnership strategies, negotiating and closing commercial agreements.
Who we’re looking for:
Someone keen to join an award-winning team and take one of ‘Australia’s most loved loyalty programs’ to the next level. A people person, a problem-solving powerhouse, one who just can’t get enough of finding new opportunities.
You will be driven by ambitious growth targets and will be focused on growing market share and long term partner success.
What will make you successful?
- Your 5 years + solid experience in a strategic Business Development role in the Financial Services or Fintech, Retail or e-commerce industries
- Your strong commercial and financial acumen and demonstrated understanding of loyalty economics and finance concepts
- Your refined commercial and analytical skills, innovative problem solving capability and expertise to leverage and deliver profitability and also a competitive advantage for Velocity
- Your demonstrated passion to ideate, create and deliver new, innovative customer experiences
- Your proven ability to influence and drive results at all levels across the organisation
- Your a self-starter capable of functioning independently and able to work effectively with global team members and partners
- Your excellent written and verbal communication skills
What you’ll get from us:
Only some of the best perks out there, like working with great people who support each other, shape awesome team culture and flight perks of course.
Being one of the founding team members in our new structure and venture that is set to see Velocity and Virgin Australia soar towards success.
And well, quite a bit more.
It’s kept us grounded for far too long. But we can’t ignore the impact it’s having, and will continue to have, in our industry.
At Virgin Australia, the safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Policy’.
In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.