Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
And with flights beginning to ramp up again, we need you to help make everyone’s journey an enjoyable and easy one.
Who we’re looking for:
The bright, brilliant faces who show the best of who we are to the world. The first face our guests see. Experts in down to earth customer service. Naturally caring and empathetic. Ambassadors for everything that makes Virgin Australia great.
What you’ll be doing:
- Helping our guests when they arrive at the airport
- Checking people in and making sure all their documentation is correct
- Rebooking flights
- Helping passengers navigate flight disruptions and cancellations
- Ensuring unaccompanied kids and guests with disabilities have an easy, enjoyable experience
- Helping to board flights and other general arrival and departure tasks
- Doing service announcements
- Making our Virgin Australia Lounge a premium, polished place to be
- And loads more…
We’re looking for someone who…
- Is legally able to live and work in Australia
- Is happy working in a high-pressure environment
- Has a current Australian Driver Licence
- Believes the devil is in the detail
- Can work a rotating shift roster (including early starts, late finishes, weekends, public holidays and peak periods).
What you’ll get from us:
Our people make Virgin Australia what it is. They’re the warm welcome at check in, the bright sparks who light up our aircraft cabins, the legends at Virgin HQ, and the cheeky grinning faces having a ball on the tarmac. In other words, the living embodiment of Virgin’s fun laid back, authentic spirit.
That’s why we’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credit per year)
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Plenty of opportunities for career progression
- Extensive training (No experience? No dramas!)
- Recognition program: Virgin Flair program with ability to earn Velocity Points
- Family friendly polices
- Free onsite physio
- Full uniform
- Discounted corporate health insurance
- Free airport parking while on duty
- And a lot more…
You might end up wearing our uniform, but underneath you’re all individuals. We love that. And want you to be yourself. Whoever that is. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, those of you with disabilities, people from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI community, and anyone else who wants to join our rich, diverse family.
It’s kept us grounded for far too long. But we can’t ignore the impact it’s having, and will continue to have, in our industry.
At Virgin Australia, the safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Policy’.
In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
Read everything carefully, get your CV and references ready, fill out the application and submit it here.
If you have any questions about the process, check out or FAQ’s.