Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
About Virgin Australia Regional Airlines (VARA)
VARA operates out of Perth Airport and has a fleet of F100 and A320 aircraft that predominantly conduct charter operations throughout regional Western Australia. VARA continued to operate through COVID-19 and beyond to support our major clients in the mining industry and the future is exciting and prosperous.
What you’ll be doing:
The objective of the Safety Systems Specialist role is to support the ongoing improvement of the Safety Management System (SMS) of Virgin Australia Regional Airlines together with performing a variety of functions prescribed under the SMS. The role will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to support effective safety risk management activities, as well as lead/support other core and ancillary functions to continually improve the safety of the airline.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Come with experience in safety management systems (preferably in an aviation environment)
- Are management systems and process focused
- Are an excellent communicator at all levels of the organisation
- Have a natural ability to present complex issues in a simple way
- Are able to work collaboratively across divisions to achieve results
- Can prioritise work to deliver outcomes
- Have a desire to be part of a great culture and high performing team
- Safety Management System Qualification(s) (desirable)
- Lead auditor qualification (desirable)
- Safety investigator qualification (desirable)
- Experience in flight operations or aircraft engineering/maintenance (desirable)
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply? We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.