Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. We’re on a mission to make flying better than ‘nice’. And to do that, it takes a team of talented people who are passionate about customer experience, doing the right thing always, with a focus on safety – in the air, on the ground and in our workplaces. A team who values real diversity and inclusion, in a big brand with big ambitions.
What you’ll be doing:
The objective of the Solution Architect is to design technology solutions that address business requirements within the context of the overall business strategy, and in alignment with the VA’s technology standards.
The role is responsible for:
- Designing end-to-end technology solutions to meet project outcomes
- Providing guidance and governance over delivery teams to ensure systems are built in accordance with VA’s technology standards and compliance requirements
- Following technology roadmaps for the IT platforms / applications
- Developing and re-using design standards, blueprints and re-usable frameworks
- Design customer-centric technology solutions to support our business areas
- Provide guidance and quality assurance over the delivery teams to ensure solutions are built in accordance with the approved solution designs
- Provide input into the 2-3 year roadmaps for the business systems and underlying technology platforms
- Proactively identify opportunities to rationalise and improve our technology assets
- Help develop re-usable architecture patterns to ensure consistency in solution designs
- Adhere to Architecture Governance processes, ensuring all solution designs are formally endorsed in line with VA’s preferred technology platforms and standards
You’ll be great in this role if you have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience designing solutions for projects, programs and/or initiatives
- Extensive technical breadth gained via experience across multiple architecture disciplines, including business, application, infrastructure and information/data disciplines
- Experience in designing solutions using modern Integration technology and methods
- Strong communication and stakeholder liaison and management skills to engage various business and technology areas
- An innovative mindset that ensures consideration of all alternative options and the development of creative solutions
What you’ll get from us:
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Discounted flights for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- A flexible, hybrid work style. Work from home or the office, adapt your location to suit your style and needs
- One of Brisbane’s most admired head office locations, with South Bank train station, a supermarket, pharmacy, and lunch options downstairs plus a 5-minute walk to the Busway, a rooftop restaurant and onsite gym (with a low membership fee) and South Bank Parklands just across the road
- Discounts on travel insurance, lounge membership, car hire, accommodation, and experiences worldwide
- Cheaper hospitality, retail, technology, beauty and wellness services
- Free counselling and access to a wellbeing app to support your physical, mental, social and financial health
- ‘Dress for Your Day’ – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever makes you feel great for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you.
When everyone is included, everyone wins
We’re all individuals. And we love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply today!