Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. We’re on a mission to make flying better than ‘nice’. And to do that, it takes a team of talented people who are passionate about customer experience, doing the right thing always, with a focus on safety – in the air, on the ground and in our workplaces. A team who values real diversity and inclusion, in a big brand with big ambitions.
What you’ll be doing
As a Fleet Engineer - Structures, you will be accountable for maintaining continuing airworthiness through effective configuration control of the aircraft and components for the operated fleet type, also to initiate preventive or predictive maintenance strategies to improve aircraft technical dispatch reliability.
You will be responsible for the Assessment of Airworthiness Directives, as mandatory requirements for operated fleet types to ensure compliance with CASR 42.120, as well as assessments of non-mandatory Instructions for Continuing Airworthiness (ICA) in accordance with CASR 42.130.
Additionally, you will be required to conduct assessments of aircraft modifications to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and applicable work instructions. You will also be responsible for conducting engineering Investigations of reportable aircraft defects.
The position is based at the Brisbane Hanger and, you will work closely with the Fleet Structures Leader.
You’ll be great in this role if you have…
Genuine passion and a desire be part of a diverse team of talented individuals who love what they do!
- A suitable Aviation Engineering Qualification (Aeronautical); Diploma, Graduate or Post Graduate.
- Hold, or have held, an aircraft engineer license in any category B1, B2 or C, together with significant aircraft structures experience; or
- Have a qualification in aircraft maintenance at least at Certificate IV level; specialising in Structures, Composite, including Aircraft Painting; or
- Have a qualification in aviation maintenance management at least at diploma level; or
- 5 years relevant work experience with at least 2 years working in either an airline technical services or support role; and or in an engineering and maintenance structures-based leadership role in a Structures based discipline, working with aircraft that are the same, or of a similar type, as the aircraft type operated by the airline.
- Comprehensive knowledge of:
- Aircraft Structure; Airworthiness, Classification, Design, Modification and Repair standards.
- The regulations and standards applicable to aircraft maintenance programs and reliability programs.
- Regular maintenance requirements included in the instruction for continuing airworthiness for the aircraft.
- The specifications and standards that have been used by the type certificate holder to develop regular maintenance requirements for the aircraft
- The aircraft certification basis
- The aircraft structure and systems, including the propulsion system, for the aircraft/engine type operated by the airline
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Flexible Hybrid working arrangements
- Discounted flights for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Discounts on travel insurance, lounge membership, car hire, accommodation, and experiences worldwide
- Cheaper hospitality, retail, technology, beauty, and wellness services
- Free counselling and access to a wellbeing app to support your physical, mental, social and financial health
- Dress for Your Day’ – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever makes you feel great for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you.
When everyone is included, everyone wins
We’re all individuals. And we love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now