Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. We’re on a mission to make flying better than ‘nice’. And to do that, it takes a team of talented people who are passionate about customer experience, doing the right thing always, with a focus on safety – in the air, on the ground and in our workplaces. A team who values real diversity and inclusion, in a big brand with big ambitions.
Virgin Australia Regional Airline operates out of Perth Airport and has a fleet of F100 aircraft and A320 aircraft that predominantly conduct charter operations to regional Western Australia. VARA has continued to operate through COVID-19 and beyond to support our major clients in the mining industry and the future is exciting and prosperous.
What you’ll be doing
Located in our brand new Perth CBD offices the objective of the Operations Controller is to plan and coordinate the allocation of aircraft to flights to ensure schedule integrity and regulatory compliance. Manage disruption to services and determine appropriate courses of action to minimise impact on the operation. Proactive assessment of available resources during disruption and implementation of improvement schedule plans. Coordination of Charter services to support Charter clients’ needs.
- Critical seeking of information impacting all aspects of the operation and proactive assessment and action to minimise adverse impact on the network
- Primary liaison with all OCC units and coordination point of all operational situations
- Communicate to network potential and actual impacts upon the network and provide comprehensive handover to on coming shift
- Proactive in the assessment and implementation of all disruption management plans
- Ensure slot compliance at all applicable airports
- Compliance with the applicable industrial, company, and regulatory requirements and all customs and immigration requirements relating to the crew.
- Accurate documentation as per the Emergency Response Plan and Transport Security Manual
- Optimise aircraft rotations to match passenger, crew, port, engineering and any other operational requirements and evaluate charter and schedule change requests with a view to balancing revenue to potential schedule impact
- Input and maintenance of Charter Flight manifests and update all systems with all known operational information
Undertake trainer role/s for new intake staff where required or ad-hoc training where required and provide assistance with other team members as required both planning and day of Ops. This may extend to another department within the business if required
You’ll be great in this role if you have…
- Cross Functional knowledge of the industry.
- Working knowledge of operational and crew management systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly developed problem-solving ability.
- Solid experience within an Operations Control Centre environment.
- Proven track record within a high-pressure operational environment
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Discounted flights for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Discounts on travel insurance, lounge membership, car hire, accommodation, and experiences worldwide
- Cheaper hospitality, retail, technology, beauty and wellness services
- Free counselling and access to a wellbeing app to support your physical, mental, social and financial health
When everyone is included, everyone wins
We’re all individuals. And we love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.