18 month, Maximum-Term contract in Brisbane.
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. We’re on a mission to make flying better than ‘nice’. And to do that, it takes a team of talented people who are passionate about customer experience, doing the right thing always, with a focus on safety – in the air, on the ground and in our workplaces. A team who values real diversity and inclusion, in a big brand with big ambitions.
What you’ll be doing
The objective of the Program Manager role is to develop and manage the end-to-end integrated plan for delivering up to eight Enterprise Agreements across Rostering and Payroll, as well as managing the Payroll Oracle upgrade and other remediation activities from the broader project. The role is also required to manage the Oracle Payroll delivery streams to support the integrated plan, manage dependencies with the delivery of Enterprise Agreement (EA) related changes by CMS 2.0 and manage any roster related changes where there are synergies.
Further responsibilities include:
- Using the Project Delivery Office compliance frameworks, the role will manage planning and delivery phases through to closure and transition to BAU operational teams
- Establish, lead and manage the planning and delivery of the program within an agreed framework. This includes scoping, planning, budgeting and managing the IT components of the program end-to-end
- Manage interdependencies and balance competing demands to ensure program objectives are achieved
- Work collaboratively with the Project Team, Virgin IT teams and implementation partner teams to align all key stakeholders into one team that has a shared vision and path to success
- Build and maintain accountable, high performing and engaged project teams
- Plan and manage budgets appropriate to assigned projects portfolio
You’ll be great in this role if you…
- At least 10 years' experience in Program Manager or Project Manager role
- Extensive vendor management experience
- Ability to work across different levels of organisational structure (both business and technology) and translate varied requirements into effective deliverables
- Experience with having budgetary responsibility for projects and/or large complex programs
- Proven capability of managing large diverse teams from initiation to go-live, hypercare and transition to BAU
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, especially the credibility to have a positive influence on a range of stakeholders and lead high performing teams
- High degree of competency with conflict resolution
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with constant changing priorities
This is a 18 month, maximum-term contract role at our Southbank office in Brisbane (with some flexibility to work from home). We have a beautiful office with views of the river and the city, with easy access to Southbank train station and discounted parking.
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Discounted flights for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- A flexible, hybrid work style. Work from home or the office, adapt your location to suit your style and needs
- One of Brisbane’s most admired head office locations, with South Bank train station, a supermarket, pharmacy, and lunch options downstairs plus a 5-minute walk to the Busway, a rooftop restaurant and onsite gym (with a low membership fee) and South Bank Parklands just across the road
- Discounts on travel insurance, lounge membership, car hire, accommodation, and experiences worldwide
- Cheaper hospitality, retail, technology, beauty and wellness services
- Free counselling and access to a wellbeing app to support your physical, mental, social and financial health
- ‘Dress for Your Day’ – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever makes you feel great for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you.
When everyone is included, everyone wins
We’re all individuals. And we love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.