We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Virgin Australia Regional Airlines (VARA) is one of the largest providers of Fly-In-Fly Out charter services in Western Australia and has considerable experience operating both Charter and Regular Public Transport (RPT) services to small and remote communities, allowing our guests to experience Virgin Australia’s award-winning product and services across the regional network.
Who we are looking for:
Our Aircraft Maintenance Organisation (AMO) is responsible for the delivery of safe and efficient aircraft maintenance services to Virgin Australia Regional Airlines (VARA). We have a Full-Time opportunity for an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer conducting line and base maintenance activities on F100, A320 & B737 aircraft, under supervision of a Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME), ensuring regulatory and airworthiness requirements are fully met.
- Conducting maintenance activities under supervision of a Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME), ensuring regulatory and airworthiness requirements are fully met
- Perform operational duties in accordance with company exposition and procedures in various work environments
- Notifying LAME of any significant defects found during maintenance activities and tooling requirements
- Ensuring that all maintenance activities are conducted safely and in accordance with the relevant manuals, company procedures and regulations
- Maintaining good housekeeping practices in the work area
What you need to be successful:
- Demonstrated experience in Aircraft Line Maintenance and/or Heavy Maintenance activity
- A certificate IV in Aeroskills or equivalent
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the engineering team
- Proactive & diligent nature towards aircraft maintenance, housekeeping and safe work practices
- Ability to embed yourself as part of a highly qualified, motivated team
- Sound aircraft maintenance hand skills
- Availability to work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern(2days 2nights) )
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.