Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. We’re on a mission to make flying better than ‘nice’. And to do that, it takes a team of talented people who are passionate about customer experience, doing the right thing always, with a focus on safety – in the air, on the ground and in our workplaces. A team who values real diversity and inclusion, in a big brand with big ambitions.
What you’ll be doing
The objective of the Aircraft Health Management Engineer role is to monitor and manage aircraft fleet health using applicable system and diagnostic tools to take proactive measures to enhance aircraft reliability and availability. The Aircraft Health Management Group also provide support and technical instruction to Maintenance Watch and Defect Support for AOG aircraft and open defects including on-site technical support to AMO’s for ongoing complex defects.
- Ensure adherence to Virgin Australia Risk Management Framework (RMF) and adopt a proactive approach to the timely identification of operational and corporate risk and work to mitigate, resolve and escalate as required
- Actively participate in relevant forums to improve Safety, Security, Resilience and Health and Wellbeing throughout the Group
- Manage re-current defects through proactive troubleshooting and technical instruction to the AMO.
- Raise V/Health tasks detailing specific technical instructions to address impending system and component failures. - Prioritize predictive and preventative maintenance using data provided by the following systems: TRAX, ACARS, Engineering Support Requests, DFDR / QAR analysis and Duct Split Record Sheets. - Co-ordinate V/Health tasks with key internal stakeholders such as Planning, Maintenance Watch, Defect Support, Fleet Engineering and Supply, as well as external stakeholders such as AMO’s, OEM’s, vendors and part pool part providers.
- Liaise with the OEM or applicable vendor for technical support with chronic unresolved technical issues and coordinate with the AMO
- Escalation of critical information to key stakeholders, which has been identified through Aircraft Communication Addressing and Reporting Systems (ACARS) reports, TRAX reviews, Duct Split Record Sheets, DFDR/QAR data or ESR’s.
- Maintain compliance with Virgin Australia’s Continuing Airworthiness Management Exposition, Engineering Business Procedures, and applicable Work Instructions. - Raise Reports for all significant events that may have safety, quality or compliance implications.
- Review of aircraft delay/reliability information to identify and address tail specific trends. Provide cost effective Engineering and Maintenance solutions and promote opportunities to review and improve departmental processes and procedures and continually improve interaction with stakeholders.
You’ll be great in this role if you have…
- Hold, or have held, an aircraft engineer license in category B1 and/or B2 with type ratings and/or credits on current Virgin Australia aircraft types, or aircraft of a similar complexity, or demonstrate equivalent experience deemed suitable by the Manager Technical Operations.
- Extensive experience in engineering/aircraft maintenance for an airline that operates aircraft that are the same, or of a similar complexity as the aircraft operated by Virgin Australia
- Effective aircraft system troubleshooting and engine diagnostic abilities. Proven ability to assess complex scenarios and identify solutions
- Comprehensive knowledge of the CASR42 continuing airworthiness regulations. Comprehensive knowledge of the aircraft's structure and systems, including the propulsion system for aircraft/engine types in the Virgin fleet
- Excellent verbal and written skills - Proven ability to assess complex scenarios and plan outcomes in the most effective manner
- Proven ability to prioritize work requirements in an operationally fluid environment
Training in an engineering, project management or business discipline or previous experience working in maintenance control or fleet engineering would be advantageous.
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Discounted flights for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Discounts on travel insurance, lounge membership, car hire, accommodation, and experiences worldwide
- Cheaper hospitality, retail, technology, beauty and wellness services
- Free counselling and access to a wellbeing app to support your physical, mental, social and financial health
When everyone is included, everyone wins
We’re all individuals. And we love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.