Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues, and our wider community.
Who we’re looking for:
As a Product Lead, your role is to develop and manage products and experiences which challenge the status quo and make flying more wonderful, inclusive and welcome for all. Our products inject a bit of fun and optimism into the traveling experience.
Our products contribute to the reason guests love Virgin Australia. We want to make the customer’s journey wonderful from on the ground (airport experience, our Lounge and Beyond Lounge network) and in the air (cabin comfort on board, inflight entertainment, WiFi Onboard and food / drinks). We even look after our signature uniforms to help our team turn up every day and deliver the award-winning service Virgin Australia is known for.
You’ll be responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle with the customer’s experience at the heart. You’ll be collaboratively working in a cross-discipline team with a variety of stakeholders (including customers, internal teams, front line team members and third-party suppliers). You’ll represent the expert perspective on the products you lead, always championing the development and delivery of winning products that Virgin Australia guests love.
You’ll reimagine the customer journey through ideation to deliver wonderful experiences to our guests. Strong planning and management skills to deliver successful outcomes are a must. Our front-line teams need consulted and supported to ensure they can deliver the product experiences in a way that customers will love us. When customers love us meeting commercial and customer satisfaction objectives naturally follow – Wonderful!
- Understand our vision and strategy to develop and implement product concepts our customer will love
- Manage a portfolio of product experiences either at the airport or in the air
- Conduct research to identify evolving customer requirements, industry trends, competitor positioning, and strategic opportunities
- Work collaboratively, both internally and externally, to gather feedback and insights to develop new concepts and improve existing products through product lifecycle.
- Ability to communicate product initiatives and changes to key stakeholders for approval.
- Manage product development programs to project schedule and budget
- Negotiate with suppliers for products and services and manage 3rd party relationships ongoing to appropriate service levels.
- Strong commercial analysis and planning, as well as ongoing operational and capital expenditure management
- From time to time, you will work on initiatives beyond your portfolio as pitching in where required is what makes our team great.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Outstanding track record in product design, development, and delivery
- Driven to develop products that are aligned with business strategy and meet customer needs in operational and cost-sensitive environments
- Flair and capability to analyse data, insights and opportunities and make substantive recommendations
- Skilled at evaluating vendor proposals, negotiating contacts, and maintaining/establishing productive partnerships
- Ability to manage products that meet customer needs in operational and cost-sensitive environments
- High energy levels, a (customer) solution-centric mindset, leadership gravitas
- Strong sense of team and a burning desire to engage with leaders at all levels
- Adept at communicating with and influencing senior stakeholders
- Leadership by example and by innovative thinking
Virgin Australia prides itself on hiring the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter our background or experience, we all share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.
What you’ll get from us:
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to);
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.