Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
About Virgin Australia Regional Airlines (VARA)
VARA operates out of Perth Airport and has a fleet of F100 and A320 aircraft that predominantly conduct charter operations throughout regional Western Australia. VARA continued to operate through COVID-19 and beyond to support our major clients in the mining industry and the future is exciting and prosperous.
Who we’re looking for:
An exceptional Leader with extensive airline and pilot operations knowledge who is confident in their ability to strategically plan and execute line operations activities that supports VARA organisational strategy through the operational and safety management of the Pilot Group.
What you’ll be doing:
The role manages a team of broad team of Pilots and technical experts in specific fields. The position supports the Pilot Group through ensuring appropriate Flight Operations oversight and clear and applicable documented procedures. In addition, the role maintains regulatory approval as the delegate to the Head of Flight Operations.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Come with significant operational experience in High Capacity Airline operations
- Have a minimum of five years in supervisory/management roles
- Have a minimum three years’ experience with oversight / management of Flight Operations Safety Assurance functions
- Have significant experience in project management which has delivered tangible outcomes
- Can think laterally and fins innovative solutions to drive improved business performance
- Are comfortable with driving business outcomes through data driven analysis
- Possess a high level of IT capability that with the ability to provide innovative solutions
- Come with proven success mentoring and developing team members
- Have a thorough understanding of Business Change and Risk Management Principles
- Holds or have held an ATPL(A)
- Holds or ability to obtain a type qualification on a VARA aircraft
- Holds or be eligible to hold CASA delegation approval for Head of Flight Operations / Chief Pilot (HoFO / CP)
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply? We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.