Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
Who we’re looking for:
This role is responsible for the end to end management of one or more projects and change initiatives, from planning and delivery phases through to closure and transition to BAU operational teams. Key focus areas include the management of scope, resources, timelines, risks and issues, stakeholders, quality and financial budget. Clear and effective communication and stakeholder management is key to the success of the role.
You are expected to comply with the project methodology and governance processes in place for the Virgin Australia group, to manage your responsibilities and work collaboratively with the sponsors, business owners and your project teams to ensure that all requirements are delivered to an optimum quality, within the approved budget and within agreed timeframes.
To succeed, you will be flexible in your approach, be able to prioritise and handle the dynamic changes of the industry, and build sustainable business and internal IT relationships.
What you’ll be doing:
- Management of the end to end delivery of projects and change initiatives with key focus areas of scope, resources, timelines, risks and issues, stakeholders, quality and financial budgets.
- Identify, document, analyse and manage project issues and risks, applying mitigation or resolution actions or solutions where required
- Develop and baseline Project Management plans working with key stakeholders and owners to obtain signoff and agreements
- Build, monitor and update Project schedules and plans, making necessary adjustments as required, and ensuring deadlines, priorities and dependencies are communicated and understood by all stakeholders
- Setup and document project structure and governance for managing the project, including working groups and steering committees as required
- Ensure delivery complies with agreed standards and methodologies through quality assurance assessments.
- Prepare and distribute Status Reports to stakeholders as per established process
- Develop business case documents with project owners and sponsors to secure project and funding approvals working with key stakeholders and finance teams
- Build and maintain accountable, high performing and engaged project teams
- Plan and manage budgets appropriate to assigned projects portfolio.
You’ll be great in this role if you have:
- 5+ years’ experience in a project management role
- Strong leadership, collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience in managing large complex technology and systems delivery projects.
- Problem solving in a complex Business Systems environment
- Communication and interpersonal skills, especially the credibility to have a positive influence on a range of stakeholders, and lead high performing teams
- Results driven, with a strong customer orientation
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Qualifications/certifications in ITIL and project management
- Experience managing enterprise systems
- Experience with business partnering
- Experience working with stakeholders throughout large migration projects, including adoption of new technologies.
- Airline industry.
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.