Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Who we’re looking for:
The objective of the Master Scheduler role is to be accountable for developing, analysing and maintaining an integrated Portfolio Master Schedule, including critical portfolio interdependencies to support strategic decision making, management of stage gates and progress tracking by the IT Leadership Team and program sponsors. Additionally, this role will coach and advise Project Managers, and resolve schedule-related issues across the portfolio.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and maintain an integrated master schedule for the portfolio (primarily focusing on two of IT's biggest programs)
- Design a schedule management operating model which is cognisant of the VA delivery framework (enabled by sharepoint) and delivery teams who also use Jira and Confluence
- Ensure VA IT Project Delivery Framework and Performance Standards are aligned to current practice and support Project Managers in the continual improvement of their scheduling acuity.
- Ensure each program / project has an integrated schedule which is maintained and integrated with the portfolio schedule
- Support schedule development and planning to support business case development and stage gate management
- Facilitate planning workshops as required to inform the creation of schedules
You’ll be great in this role if you have:
- Significant experience in projects, advanced scheduling and providing scheduling oversight of complex portfolios, programs and projects
Proven track record of building strong relationships with a broad set of stakeholders, including executive management
Experience of working with and influencing various levels of management.
- Hands-on ability to use scheduling tools e.g. MS Project and the ability to coach project managers on how to use these tools
Experience of working across multiple domains or service-oriented enterprise
- Experience working in an agile software development environment (scrum)
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to)
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.