Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Who we’re looking for:
Work closely with the Manager Agility to cultivate an agile way of working at Velocity that best supports our customers and the business. Coach leaders and teams in their practice of agile, empowering them to be self-organised, customer-focused and self-improving.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support the practice of agile ways of working across teams and the Velocity business that puts Velocity members and our customers at the centre of the business.
- Help to increase team efficiencies by applying Agile/Scrum practices and values in a practical manner.
- Perform the role of a Scrum Master responsible for 1 -3 high priority / needs Velocity squad teams to create and maintain highly productive teams.
- Support the delivery of regular Agile Foundations sessions for new starters.
- Ensure all activities are managed within established budgets and meet best practice and mandatory standards.
- Support the reporting of the heatmap, NPS and other key metrics across all squads for relevant forums, against defined performance metrics and benefits.
- Identify new strategies to continue uplifting Velocity’s agile maturity.
- Champion an Agile WoW at Velocity, working across teams to drive accountability and continuous improvement of practice.
- Identify and support organisation wide impediment removal through escalation and tracking.
- Contribute to the efficiency of the squad model, providing recommendations about squad structure based on key metrics and data in the pursuit of driving outcomes.
- Contribute to the ongoing development and use of the Agile playbook and Agile knowledge management structures.
- Work with the Manager Agility to launch new squads.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Experience working in a large complex environment as a Scrum Master/Agile Coach.
- Background of working in a scaled Agile environment.
- Demonstrated experience coaching and mentoring Agile teams, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to maximise their potential.
- Deep knowledge of Agile and Lean values, principles, and practices.
- Proven skills in guiding teams and organisations through transformational change.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and mentoring senior leadership teams.
- Proven abilities in delivering training and workshops, as well as facilitating meetings with teams and stakeholders at all levels.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of Atlassian Jira and Confluence for agile development.
- Strong analytical and reporting capabilities.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Business or Information Technology.
- Scrum Master Certification (Scrum Alliance, Scrum.org).
- Product Owner qualification.
What you’ll get from us:
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.