- Full-time, permanent role (with flexibility to WFH 2 days pw)
- Brisbane based position
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
What you’ll be doing:
We are looking for a motivated Finance Analyst with an inquisitive mindset to join our bustling Finance Division. The Financial Analyst is responsible for providing key financial insights, business partnering and support to the CFO Department, Facilities and for the capital planning process.
Our team are responsible for Group Reporting, analysis and Budgeting for our Executive Leadership Team and the Board as well as the Capital Planning process. Some of the key components of the role are as follows:
- Prepare and improve monthly Departmental reporting pack for the CFO and Facilities, investigating variances to ensure accuracy of numbers, insightful analysis and commentary; ensuring accurate monthly Forecast.
- Provide Project reporting and analysis input for the CFO Board report
- Review budget / forecast outputs for the CFO Department and develop budget presentations for senior management;
- Reviewing opportunities and risks to budget and forecast for inclusion in Group Reporting
- Ensure the development, maintenance and continuous improvement of any budget, forecast and reporting model is accurate, ensuring appropriate use of key business performance metrics and relevant function owner support;
- Actively partner and engage with stakeholders to lead, drive and support financial improvements and business transformation;
- Ownership and understanding of the end-to-end Capital Planning process and liaise with the Project Delivery Office when projects are approved, or for change requests;
- Perform financial modelling/analysis for the annual capital plan for non-aircraft capex, overhead departments, project opex, IT Roadmap and capex spend;
- Monitoring the Capex tracking tool to ensure up to date with new projects coming in and managing the approval process;
- Ensuring project timesheets are reviewed, all costs are captured and resources booked to projects accurately;
- Review the capex WIP report and manage any reclassifications;
- Reviewing the contracts and finance sign offs for projects within responsibility eg: leases.
- Ad hoc analysis as required
You’ll be great in this role if you have:
- CA/CPA/CIMA or equivalent
- Analytical and financial modelling capability
- A strong problem solver with attention to detail
- Ability to prepare quality reports in Powerpoint with exceptional excel skills
- Strong TM1/Planning Analytics experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, particularly in dealing with Senior Managers
- Ability to think strategically and implement initiatives in a way that delivers business outcomes
- Strong ability to build relationships with stakeholders
What you’ll get from us:
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to);
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.