Training & Wellbeing Specialist
Maximum-Term Contract until the end of December, 2022
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
The objective of the Training and Wellbeing Specialist role is to help our employees become better simply for working at Virgin Australia. Through your work on the Better Me program, you will also have a real opportunity to engage with the business and help them implement programs which assist them to deliver on their strategic goals by having healthier and happier people. In this role, you will use your background in allied health to assist in the design and implementation of best practice programs, interventions and education to support the health and wellbeing of our People at the Virgin Australia Group.
You will be required to assist the Health & Wellbeing Manager to implement the Virgin Australia Group health and wellbeing strategy by partnering with business leaders to deliver programs of work, as well as develop research based, evidence informed, interesting and relevant training packages relating to mental health. Additionally, you will be responsible for advising, assisting and supporting other business units to develop training material relating to mental health for their established training programs.
In this role, you will be required to champion a flexible, positive, empathetic and inclusive organisation culture that promotes health and wellbeing through a shared responsibility (between the organisation and the employees). You will facilitate internal training programs and accredited programs such as Mental Health First Aid, as well as manage the registration and administration of all health training programs.
With awareness of our diverse workforce and their unique health and wellbeing opportunities, you should tailor initiatives and associated communications to suit the needs of our people. It will be your responsibility to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and quality of processes in the team and recommend solutions, as well as provide input to the delivery of the Virgin Australia Group mental health strategy and applicable programs.
- Tertiary qualifications in health-related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and a minimum of 3-years relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering health education and training including facilitation of workshops and group discussions
- A passion for health and wellbeing with a desire to improve people’s lives
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, positive, empathetic and committed to achieving results in a flexible, small team environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and relationship management skills, including being able to work in a team environment and autonomously
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated high level experience managing and advising on complex health issues
- An understanding of the psychological and physical risks associated with corporate and operational environments
- Open to taking a Maximum-Term contract until the end of November 2022 (with potential to extend)
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year) if you are in the role for more than 3 months
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.