We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do
With the airline will and truly ramped up again, and a growing fleet of Boeing 737-8 and 737-10 aircraft (our fleet has already grown by more than 50% in the past two years, and we expect more to come) a rare opportunity has opened for a Fleet Engineer - Avionics to join our team of Aircraft Engineers at our hangar in Brisbane.
The Fleet Engineer - Avionics maintains continuing airworthiness through effective configuration control of aircraft avionics and electrical systems for the operated fleet types, and initiates preventive or predictive maintenance strategies to improve aircraft technical dispatch reliability. This is a varied role where no two days will be the same, but your focus will always be safety.
The position is based in Brisbane at our airport hangar located in Pinkenba but our team do allow flexible working arrangements to allow you to also work from home a few days per week.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- have significant experience in an airline Technical Services Department or Maintenance Repair Organisation
- have experience in the assessment of service documents (e.g. AD, SB)
- for the Boeing 737, have comprehensive knowledge of:
- the regulations and standards applicable to aircraft maintenance programs and reliability programs
- regular maintenance requirements included in the instruction for continuing airworthiness
- the specifications and standards that have been used to develop regular maintenance requirements
- the certification basis
- the structure and systems, including the propulsion system.
- can demonstrate the ability to translate both Manufacturer and Regulatory requirements into clear and concise implementation instructions using Virgin Australia systems (i.e. TRAX, ECE/TraxDoc, ESR, etc) (desirable)
- have a degree in a related engineering discipline or relevant LAME qualifications.
What you’ll get from us:
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to)
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation, and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
We’re all individuals. We love that. And want we you to be yourself too. Whoever that is. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI community, and anyone else who wants to join our rich, diverse family.
At the Virgin Australia Group, the safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
If you are ready for your next challenge and want to be a part of Virgin Australia’s aircraft maintenance engineering team, then submit your application now for this exciting opportunity.