National Account Manager
- Job Number: 506378
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Melbourne
- Categories: Business Development, Account Management
National Account Manager
Melbourne (1 day in the city office or airport office, 4 days on the road/ WFH)
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
What you’ll be doing:
The National Account Manager role sits within the Corporate & Government Sales team and is focused on three (3) key deliverables:
- Retention and growth of existing contracted Air Travel business for Virgin Australia
- Acquisition of new Corporate and / or Government Air Travel business for Virgin Australia,
- Management of existing contracted Air Travel business, including supporting client Travel Management Companies (TMCs) to ensure customer compliance to air-Agreement terms
You will develop strong relationships within Virgin Australia, with TMCs and with prospective and existing clients to ensure;
- You understand and can articulate the Virgin Australia customer value proposition to support customer requirements and outcomes
- You can obtain, manage and utilise key customer data and information to support the development of compelling commercial offers and provide detailed customer insights, that encourage increased air revenue shift to for Virgin Australia
- You can identify key stakeholders to develop and manage stakeholder plans
- You can successfully plan and negotiate mutually beneficial Air-Agreements with clients
- You will carry out customer and market research, to support the development of targeted strategic account plans
- As a member of the National Sales team, at times you may be required to undertake interstate travel to meet with clients or internal stakeholders
- You will demonstrate a high attention to detail, whilst implementing and managing Agreements with clients
- You ensure compliance to targets, through deep client engagement
Who we’re looking for:
- Strong experience in account management
- Experience in sales and business development
- Demonstrated results in increasing sales revenue for a business
- Experience in contract negotiation and tender preparation
- Demonstrated ability to engage and operate at all customer hierarchy levels, while also able to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and partners (internally and externally).
- Knowledge of Business to Business (B2B) sales and the ability to construct commercial value propositions within a highly competitive environment.
- Ability to manipulate large data sets in excel (or other) and convert this to insightful information that can be effectively communicated with internal & external stakeholders (build the story, share the story)
What you’ll get from us:
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to)
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Apply now! Applications close 8th July.
- Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
- Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend