About Virgin Australia Group
- We put safety first
- We have big heart
- We own it
- We do the right thing
Virgin Australia Group is embarking on an exciting new chapter in our journey. We have re-launched our brand as a mid-market carrier and expanded our network and fleet. We live and breath our values of safety, heart, owning it and doing the right thing.
You might have seen us in the air? Or been onboard one of our new 737 aircraft? But have you seen us on social media? We can’t let our fabulous Cabin Crew have all the fun – our Social Media team love to bring the Virgin Australia “Flair” to our guests everyday across our social channels.
About the job
We’re a specialist team of 4, but we’re a part of the larger Guest Contact Centre that includes Virgin Australia call centres, web chat and email teams. We want guests to get a fantastic experience with us no matter what channel the talk to us on and being in the GCC enables that. We also work closely with the team in Public Affairs and Marketing to create original and engaging content. These teams are the gatekeepers of the Virgin Australia brand.
The Social Media Coordinator role is about 75% community management and 25% content creation and engagement work. Our main conversation channels are Facebook and Instagram, Tik Tok is growing, and with some Twitter and Linkedin thrown in. Conversations with guests can be about any aspect of flying with Virgin Australia; baggage, lost property, flight changes, complaints & compliments, and of course the occasional “can I get a free upgrade”. The main day to day tasks will be:
- Responding to guest enquiries via social channels within the service level timeframes
- Finding solutions for guests with a balanced outcome meeting guest and business needs.
- Collaborating with other departments to find answers and solutions for guests
- Providing reporting on social media statistics, trends and engagement
- Creating social media content, posts and polls
The role is full time shift work with shifts spanning across all 7 days. Shifts can start as early as 5am and finish as late as 11pm. Shifts will be a combination of working from home, in our Headquarters in Southbank and occasionally at various other locations when shooting content. This is a contract role to cover parental leave within the team which will end on the 30th of December, 2022.
Is this you?
You know how to bring the “flair”. You’re passionate about creating amazing customer experiences online. You live and breathe social media and understand the primary social media channels, their audience demographics and methods of communication. When you talk to customers, you know when to use your formal “voice” and when you can be a bit cheeky, but you always represent the brand. You can spot an opportunity for engagement and run with it and have created content that gets shared.
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience delivering a quality customer experience / community management on social media channels
- Excellent customer complaint handling experience ideally in a service industry
- Experience in engaging social media content creation for Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok
- Suitable location / environment to work from home when needed
- Ability to attend shoots at various Virgin Australia sites as well as at external media and launch events to create content
- Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.
Boarding for this opportunity won’t last long – register by applying via the link.
Virgin Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive culture and supportive environment for our people.
Shortlised applicants will be asked to provide a portfolio of previous work so hit apply then start getting your best work ready to show off!