Manager, Portfolio Integration
- Job Number: 506185
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne
- Categories: Project/Program/Portfolio Management
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Who we’re looking for:
The objective of the Manager, Portfolio Integration role is to ensure consistency of budgeting, reporting and scheduling across the IT delivery portfolio. The role will collaborate with IT Strategy and Integration and Finance to develop and track progress against the portfolio budget, as well as maintain an accurate forecast-to-complete. Accountabilities include preparation of integrated stakeholder reporting covering the portfolio, including IT Steering Committee Materials, and ensuring the development and maintenance of an integrated portfolio schedule, drawing on and augmenting the individual program and project schedules.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with IT Strategy and Integration and Finance to develop and track progress against the portfolio budget, and to maintain an accurate forecast-to-complete
- Prepare integrated stakeholder reports covering the portfolio of programs and projects, including IT Steering Committee Materials, weekly portfolio status reports, and IT Leadership Team updates
- Produce and analyse portfolio, program and project-level reports against key performance indicators
- Develop methods to be able to efficiently conduct ad hoc data analysis to answer specific questions relating to the portfolio
- Develop key business reports and papers for the portfolio as required (e.g. to support audits or assurance reviews)
- Lead the development and ongoing maintenance of the integrated portfolio schedule
- Ensure appropriate RAIDD management across the portfolio
- Coach and develop project managers to lift the maturity of program and project health status reporting, RAIDD management and schedule management
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Tertiary qualifications, ideally in the fields of Project or Business Management Strong Visio, PowerPoint, and SharePoint skills and Expert level Excel
- Strong program delivery, analytic and reporting background
- Experience in financial modelling, budgeting and forecasting to support decision-making and effective financial management
- Proven track record of building strong relationships with a broad set of stakeholders, including executive management, business and technology stakeholders, and vendors
- Experience of working with and influencing various levels of management
- Experience with managing expectations and presenting issues and resolutions on data and reporting
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated experience in developing and managing a team
- Demonstrates the highest standards of ethical behaviour and absolute discretion with confidential information
- Critical thinking, analytical and forecasting skills
- Strong problem-solving skills including ability to address any issue in collaboration with others, identify and prevent potential problems and develop problem solving skills in others
- Demonstrated ability to extract, understand and use data, analyse management information and provide insight to enable fact-based decision-making
- Understands financial budgeting, governance/controls
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to)
- 5+ years of IT Portfolio or large. complex program delivery experience
- 5+ years of experience in leading a team
- Proven ability to identify, develop and evaluate strategic options and opportunities using applied forward thinking and entrepreneurial approaches
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.
- Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
- Applications close:
Back Apply now Refer a friend