Crew Planning Analyst
- Exercise your passion for data science and analytics
- Structured training and development from a supportive leader and team
- Permanent full time Monday to Friday position based at South Bank
As a Crew Planning Analyst your role will provide reliable and comprehensive analytics and insights that will support operational strategies. This role partners with Airline Operations, Flight and Cabin Crew leaders and various stakeholders across the Virgin Australia business to influence strategic workforce planning and labour optimisation.
Some of the exciting challenges in this role are; production and management of short to medium-term resource plans and workforce planning modelling, productivity targets, training requirements, annual leave management, cost and budgetary control, regulatory and EBA compliance, and fatigue management in a constantly changing environment.
The position is based in Brisbane Head Office and, you will work closely with the Leader Workforce Planning and Analytics.
As a Crew Planning Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Conduct detailed analysis of pairing solutions to monitor costs, utilisation, lifestyle issues and fatigue management
- Conduct analysis of trends that impact resource requirements and provide potential solutions
- Automate reports using Power BI and Excel for applications
- Development of training plans that meet business requirements, whilst ensuring adequate recruitment lead times are provided
- Identify and prioritise report faults and actively monitor and follow through to resolution
- Identify potential process improvements and make recommendations for their implementation
- Ensure all documentation, checklists and procedures are up to date
- Monitor and review feedback from all Key Stakeholders providing accurate responses within a reasonable timeframe
What you need to be successful:
- High level experience in Ms Excel, building complex reporting (vlookup, pivots, indexing)
- Demonstrated experience in analytical techniques to forecast and manage resource plans for large workforce groups.
- Experience in complex workforce planning initiatives, identify trends and recommend changes to meet operational requirements.
- Challenge process improvement and drive change management and transformation initiatives.
- Use financial modelling and cost benefit analysis to encourage process reform and drive productivity and service improvements.
What you’ll get from us:
- Great fares – domestic and international travel benefits for you, your family and your friends.
- Industry discounts – lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, and retail – you name it, we have a deal for it.
- Health and wellbeing – access to discounted fitness programs.
- Corporate health insurance – multiple offers across multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.
- Diverse career paths and career development.
About Virgin Australia Group
Virgin Australia Group is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates and premium leisure travellers. and holiday makers.
Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.
For further information about the Crew Planning Analyst role, please refer to the position description.
Crew Analyst V0.2 23Aug19 - Short Term.pdf
If you are ready for your next challenge and want to be a part of the Planning team, then we encourage you to submit your application now!