Technical Training Lead
Job no: 505259
Work type: Max Term, Secondment
Categories: Other IT, Learning & Development
About the role:
Deliver high standards of training to frontline teams and ensure assessment practices are upheld. Be responsible for the planning, coordination, development and delivery of role-based system training that supports the transition from current systems and practices to the new Crew Management System. Work closely with vendors and SMEs to deliver the best possible end solution for our crew.
- Develop a strong understanding of the Crew Management System (CMS) functionality.
- Familiarise yourself with how the system will be used and the processes.
- Develop Training Needs Analysis and Training Plan/Schedules
- Develop best practice training strategies, including online CBT, training material and communications, and face to face training.
- Coordinate the development of face-to-face training materials and support materials (eg. Quick reference guides, FAQ’s).
- Develop materials in accordance with a ‘present, practice & production’ methodology that will support learners’ ability to acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Collaborate with business SMEs, vendor representatives and business analysts to incorporate business process and standard operating procedure (SOP) information and context into training materials.
- Facilitate the delivery of training to the crew and relevant stakeholders
- Assess the overall effectiveness of the training curriculum and stakeholder satisfaction through reviews.
- Address and work to resolve training challenges.
- Identify barriers or opportunities in a timely manner to the project leadership team.
- Ensure all training records are maintained accurately in accordance with relevant manuals.
What we’re looking for:
- Proven learning and development background (essential)
- Experience in the design of training programs and materials, using advanced adult learning methods.
- Highly experienced in developing training and support materials for a new IT system rollout.
- Skills in developing training needs analysis, evaluation, planning, policy development, and programme management.
- Strong initiative and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to deliver remote (web) facilitated training using WebEx, Skype, Microsoft Teams or similar tools.
- Experience in facilitating face-to-face IT systems and skills training for small teams.
- Ability to use Adobe Captivate to create system simulations, ‘how to’ videos or eLearning content.
- Advanced knowledge if best practices for learning and development methods.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Intermediate understanding and use of SharePoint to edit sites, create/edit site pages and manage content (beneficial).
- Aviation experience (beneficial).
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Human Resources/Business.
About Virgin Australia:
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
Advertised : E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close :
Back to search results Apply now