The objective of the Cloud Specialist is to be a subject matter expert in public cloud support including automation, cost optimisation, log, monitoring and visibility technologies to deliver platforms and services to the business.
The Cloud Specialist role is part of The Cloud & Datacentre team that operates within Technology/Infrastructure and Support Department and designs, administers and supports cloud platform services for Virgin Australia’s internal business and for the broader IT team.
- Maintain currency in technology trends and standards, and relevant security and compliance requirements including Privacy, GDPR, PCI
- Complete mandatory training applicable to their roles (including Safety, Security, Resilience and, Health and Wellbeing)
- Work with the broader IT team in the delivery of cloud platforms for project and business requirements.
- Work within both agile and waterfall project methodologies
- Work with partner resources for the delivery and support of technology solutions.
- Seek opportunities for improvements and optimising public cloud platforms
- Seek and maintain productive relationships with relevant stakeholders to ensure internal and external customer centricity drives all decision making.
- Knowledge share expertise in public cloud with the broader IT team
- Define, promote and utilise best practices, particularly for cloud provider networks, serving as a blueprint for other streams where possible; serve as a subject matter expert to others seeking to utilise technologies in cloud provider environments
- Contribute to the ongoing documentation of standards, guides, manuals and design solutions
About Virgin Australia
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
The company is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates, premium leisure travellers and holiday makers.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
What we're looking for:
- Experience in working in a complex enterprise environment
- Large multi-business unit organisation experience
- Automation Technologies
5 years’ experience in IT roles
Experience in cloud networking and security technologies and practices
Working with technical teams in a mixed insourced and outsourced environment
- AWS professional certification(s) are highly desirable and experience automating cloud provider solutions, preferably with a working knowledge of CloudFormation, Terraform and Ansible
- Experience working with CD/CI tools such as Gitlab is highly desirable
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.