Reporting to the Leader, Strategy and Channel Development, the objective of the Sales Reporting Analyst is to use their extensive experience in data driven analysis, report development and presentation skills to clearly articulate insights and recommendations that will drive revenue across Corporate and Industry Sales.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Provide ongoing detailed weekly and monthly Indirect Sales performance trend analysis and commercial recommendations.
- Provide analytical support and data driven business insights to broader sales team to assist in the analysis of Corporate and Trade business opportunities.
- Review Indirect Sales performance in line with Revenue Management and seek qualitative data from Sales team to provide summary and recommendations
- Interrogate and identify Performance improvement opportunities
- Ensure appropriate product and pricing for the Virgin Australia network by undertaking competitive analysis and implement appropriate initiatives to remain relevant and competitive while protecting yield
- Develop and provide Ad hoc Business reports as required
- Deliver and maintain an effective baseline methodology to assist in determining the accuracy of Indirect Sales incremental revenue for tactical campaigns
What we're looking for:
- Tertiary degree in business or commerce or equivalent
- Track record of driving business value through data-driven insights
- Strong commercial acumen and financial literacy
- Advanced analytical skills with min. 5+ years in roles concentrating on business performance reporting, analytics and trend analysis
- Experience working in large-scale and complex business environments
- High level of business stakeholder engagement (internal and external)
- Strong knowledge of Airline/Travel Industry
- Experience in sales business, understanding of sales channels and activities and relationship to sales outcome gained over a period of 5+ years
- Advanced knowledge and experience using the Microsoft office package including Word, Excel, PowerPoint (including VBA experience).
- Demonstrated experience working on BI/DW platforms and solutions
- Knowledge of Salesforce suite of products is advantageous
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
The Group recently appointed several new faces to its Executive Leadership Team, all with a proven track record and deep experience in aviation or consumer-focussed businesses.
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.