Job no: 504743
Work type: Full Time
Location: Australia Wide
Categories: Other IT, Business Analysis, Software Engineers, Network and Systems Administration, IT Infrastructure, IT Support, Systems Analysts, Project/Program/Portfolio Management, Developers/Programmers, Testing Analytics, IT Security, Internet Booking Engine
iOS Mobile App Developer
We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
The objective of the iOS Mobile App Developer role is to develop Virgin Australia’s customer facing iOS native mobile app in RXSwift, using leading development practices and cutting-edge technologies, which will provide additional value to our guests and helps Virgin Australia to be Australia’s favourite airline.
You will have the opportunity to work in a passionate and supportive team environment as well as:
- Develop high quality and scalable solutions which you take pride in
- Use best practices to deliver high quality code; Unit-test code for robustness including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from, product management, designers, architects and other developers
- Help define and encourage best practices, actively participate in code reviews
- Contribute to a culture of automated testing
- Focus on continuous improvement of the product, developer tool sets and productivity
- Help evolve our technology stack to industry best practice
What you need to be successful
- Extensive experience in Mobile App Development with Realm, Core Data, RxSwift and Sorcery experience
- Strong experience in modern engineering practices and disciplines
- Experience working with API consumption experience preferably AWS
- Experience in TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Experience with agile development methodologies specifically SCRUM
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimal guidance and prioritise the handling of multiple activities at any one time.
Apply using the link below and for more information reach out to Dee Fitzgerald from the Talent Acquisition team for a confidential discussion.
No Agencies please at this time.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now