About the role:
Virgin Australia is seeking to employ an experienced, self-motivated and passionate Manager of Business Support.
The objective of the Manager role is to maximise the availability of safe and reliable aircraft at minimal cost by negotiating and executing cost effective commercial agreements, in conjunction with our Group Procurement team, with continual focus on ongoing cost-effective service delivery through each contract life cycle. Additionally, the Manager will oversee the technology layer used by the Engineering and Aircraft Servicing teams, ensuring the implementation of efficient, cost effective technology solutions in collaboration with IT. The candidate will also be responsible for the airworthiness review requirements of the fleet and all associated fleet transactions; liaising with aircraft financers/lessors and internal stakeholders for aircraft induction and return activities.
The position is based at the Brisbane Engineering Hangar and within this role, you will work closely with the General Manager of Engineering and Aircraft Servicing.
The position is built around several pillars inclusive of:
- Model desired leadership behaviours, mentor staff to lead team members to their full potential.
- Required to understand and observe regulatory requirements associated with all maintenance and supply activities and ensure appropriate conformance.
- Ensuring all work performed is carried out in accordance with regulatory and departmental quality standards and CAME/ESP.
- Manage Department Project Portfolio.
- Develop Project documentation.
- Oversight the Departments Project Execution (reporting, budget, etc).
- Develop resource, implementation, training plans.
- Identify system and process improvement opportunities for compliance, cost, and performance.
- Develop, maintain and execute a continuous improvement plan that fits within the context of the Departments Strategy and implements change to identified opportunities.
- Issue resolution
- Business requirements and development
- Work with Group Procurement to establish aircraft product and service contracts with approved providers to satisfy the department’s needs.
- Build and maintain industry presence and networking that enables performance measurement to current and future market opportunities
- Build strategic relationships with key providers.
- Establish agreements to ensure aircraft presentation is at the level expected by our guests. Operationally performance manage such agreements to ensure that the value and service expected of these agreements is being consistently met.
- Participate in business aircraft transactions, encompassing:
- Working collaboratively with fleet teams to review leases, make recommendations on maintenance considerations, term etc.
- Return aircraft to schedule and at lowest cost
- Project manage the induction of new and second-hand aircraft.
- Ensure the fleet always has valid airworthiness review certificates.
You will find further information on the key responsibilities in the attached position description.
You will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering/ Business or alternatively an aircraft Licensed Engineer with post graduate qualifications in Engineering or Business or alternatively previous approval by CASA as a Maintenance Controller.
- Ability to be approved as a CASR 42 Responsible Manager
- 10 years relevant work experience
- Experience in the use of airline Maintenance and Engineering systems and experience of the interface between an airline MRO including exposure to ICT project implementation.
- Development of CASA approved Manuals
- Negotiation, execution and performance oversight of high value, complex technical product and service contracts.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills with a demonstrated ability to deal with people and their problems effectively
- Ability to review and recommend improvements to procedures and systems
- Ability to mentor staff direct reports
- Strong communicator with the ability to think & plan creatively makes effective decisions & the ability to negotiate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills which enable effective delivery of objectives
- Working knowledge of maintenance systems and regulations as it applies to aircraft maintenance and AMO
- Comprehensive knowledge of aviation budgeting and financial systems
- Operate calmly under pressure and manage stress effectively
- Remain flexible and supportive of change
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail with the ability to prioritise efficiently
For further information about the Manager of Business Support role, please refer to the position description.
Manager Business Support - PD - 2020.pdf
*no agencies please*