GET TO KNOW US
Virgin Australia Regional Airlines (VARA) is the largest provider of Fly-In-Fly Out charter services in Western Australia. We have considerable experience operating both Charter and Regular Public Transport (RPT) services to small and remote communities, allowing our guests to experience Virgin Australia’s award-winning product and services across the regional network.
Here at VARA, our people are at the core of our business. We have the best talent doing the best work of their lives with meaning. We know their continuous focus on the guest experience is what sets us apart in our vision to become Australia’s most trusted charter airline.
Taking off is where the excitement lives. Join our team today.
GET TO KNOW THE ROLE
Reporting to the Manager, Finance you will ensure the regional finance team provides the appropriate input into strategic planning, analysis, and advice on all financial aspects of the operation whilst upholding a strong commercial focus. In this role, you will influence positive outcomes for the regional operation by not only providing expert guidance and recommendations, but by challenging the status quo and by driving business performance towards agreed targets and forecasts.
In addition, you will also:
- Work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to meet required timelines and produce subsidiary finance results
- Hold responsibility for the ongoing production for cash flow forecasts
- Deliver budgets and forecasts in a timely manner to meet the strategic financial deliverables
- Support senior leaders in negotiation discussions with suppliers or stakeholders
- Support various projects as they arise across the regional operation.
LET’S GET TO KNOW YOU
You’re an experienced Finance Partner ready to take the next step in your career, with a strong business sense and strong commercial awareness. Your refined people development, leadership and risk management skills will lead you to success in this role.
In addition, you will also hold:
- Strong collaboration and business partnering skills
- Demonstrated systems abilities with a high level of computer literacy
- An ability to think strategically and implement initiatives to deliver business outcomes
- CA / CPA or equivalent qualifications
Experience in the airline, transport, logistics or travel industry, along with post graduate tertiary studies is highly desirable, although not essential.
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US
Let’s be honest – you skipped to the best part, didn’t you?! And why wouldn’t you with these benefits:
- Experience the Virgin Australia Culture which is unlike anything else you have experienced. Become part of an internationally recognised brand that feels like family.
- The sky is the limit when it comes to career development, feel encouraged to diversify your skills and experience with access to internal vacancies.
- See Australia and the world with access to heavily discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why.
- Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail… the list goes on.
- Improve your Mind, Body and Soul with access to discounted fitness programs and a free onsite physiotherapist. We also offer discounted Corporate Health Insurance through multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.
- Be one of Skytrax’s Best Airline and Airline Staff in Australia/Pacific!
Should you have any further questions relating to this opportunity, please refer to the below position description.
Please Click Here to Review the Position Description
READY TO SPREAD YOUR WINGS?
Boarding for this opportunity won’t last long – register your interest today by submitting an application via the link below.