Our people are at the core of our business. We have the best talent doing the best work of their lives with meaning. We know their continuous focus on the guest experience is what sets us apart in our vision to be the world’s most rewarding travel experience.
Taking off is where the excitement lives. Join our team today.
About the role:
An opportunity exists for a 12-month contract as a Treasury Accountant working within the Virgin Australia Treasury & Leasing team. This role is responsible for accurate and timely reporting of debt financing, investment and leasing transactions, including assistance with modelling financial impacts of the upcoming accounting standard change (IFRS 16).
The role is also responsible for:
- Assistance with monthly hedge accounting (AASB 9)
- Ongoing support of process improvements
- Supporting the interface between the Treasury system and the GL
- Supporting the treasury operations team
You will support key stakeholders by ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of monthly accounting entries, financial analytics and concise reporting of financial results.
Who you are:
An analytical mind. You have a strong attention to detail and the ability to efficiently analyse and deliver quality financial information
A level headed self-motivator. You have no problems remaining calm under pressure and will put your head down and work through it.
An incredible communicator. You have the ability to communicate complex thoughts and ideas clearly, collaborating and engaging with internal and external stakeholders understanding relationships are key.
A problem solver. You have the well developed problem solving skills and demonstrate the initiative to look for and implement process improvements.
What you’ll need:
- CA or CPA qualification
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial accounting for a large organisation
- Experience in month-end accounting close procedures including financial analytics and reconciliations
- Understanding and application of lease accounting standard (IAS 17) and the new standard (IFRS 16)
- Understanding and application of AASB9 (Financial Instruments)
- Understanding of debt financing structures
- Demonstrable systems abilities and a high level of computer literacy, including Microsoft office applications (excel)
What you’ll get from us:
Other than the opportunity to work for an award winning airline…
As a Virgin Australia team member, you will also receive fantastic employee benefits including discounted flights for you, your family and friends (across domestic and international) and global accommodation options.
This role is seen as a business partner in settling the financial parameters in which the operational and commercial streams operate. Are you up for the challenge?
Treasury Accountant June18.pdf