Workplace Health & Safety Systems Specialist
Job no: 501405
Work type: fixed term
Location: Victoria Metro
GET TO KNOW US:
Here at Virgin Australia, we have the best talent, doing the best work of their lives with meaning. Our continuous focus on the guest experience is what unites us and sets us apart in our vision to be the world’s most rewarding travel experience.
We are unmistakeable. Unmissable. We are Virgin Australia. Join our team today.
GET TO KNOW THE ROLE:
The WHS Specialist oversees WHS performance and compliance for key entities within the Virgin Australia Group and is responsible for ensuring the required outcomes are achieved and maintained by engaging and contributing to the continuous implementation and operation of the WHS Management System to all business units.
The role undertakes complex and diverse audits, investigations and inspections of Virgin Australia Group Business Units and externally contracted providers to ensure compliance with the applicable Work, Health and Safety regulations, Virgin Australia Group procedures and any other applicable safety standards, procedures and contracted requirements.
The role actively engages and supports Managers and Leaders, acting as focal point, enabling compliance with statutory WHS obligations and continual implementation/ improvement to WHS. This is achieved through the provision of corporate and operational support for WHS functions including training, advice, guidance and leadership support.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU MUST HAVE:
- Diploma in WHS or higher
- Investigation training/qualification
- Internal auditor certification (WHS preferable)
- Thorough understanding of workplace health & safety regulations & environment, codes of practice and standards as well as best practice processes, theories and methodologies
- Thorough and comprehensive knowledge of applicable standards including: AS3745 -Emergency Management including, AS4801 – OHS Management System, ISO31000 – Risk Management
- Experience in the provision of assurance / due diligence to operational and other managers through investigations, audits, inspections, performance monitoring and measurement and associated reporting
- Ability to make high level, complex and critical decisions within minimal supervision and or support
- Experience in implementation / support of health and safety systems (or its elements) and associated change management
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US:
Let’s be honest – you skipped to the best part, didn’t you?! And why wouldn’t you with these benefits:
- Experience the Virgin Australia Culture which is unlike anything else you have experienced. Become part of an internationally recognised brand that feels like family.
- The sky is the limit when it comes to career development, feel encouraged to diversify your skills and experience with access to internal vacancies.
- See Australia and the world with access to heavily discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why.
- Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail… the list goes on.
Improve your Mind, Body and Soul with access to discounted fitness programs and a free onsite physiotherapist. We also offer discounted Corporate Health Insurance through multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.
Advertised : AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close : AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now