Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Job no: 501320
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Aircraft Maintenance
Get to know us
Virgin Australia Regional Airlines (VARA) is the largest provider of Fly-In-Fly Out charter services in Western Australia and has considerable experience operating both Charter and Regular Public Transport (RPT) services to small and remote communities, allowing our guests to experience Virgin Australia’s award-winning product and services across the regional network. The success of the charter business is a testament to the specialist expertise Virgin Australia has developed in operating reliable services to remote locations and has assisted the Virgin Australia Group to be the most punctual airline for on time performance whilst continuously delivering an exceptional service experience.
Get to know the role
Our Aircraft Maintenance Organisation (AMO) is responsible for the delivery of safe and efficient aircraft maintenance services to VARA. We have a unique opportunity for an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) to join our regional network based in Perth.
Working in a fast paced and dynamic environment, key responsibilities in this role include, however are not limited to:
- Conducting maintenance activities under supervision of a Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME), ensuring regulatory and airworthiness requirements are fully met
- Perform operational duties in accordance with company exposition and procedures in various work environments
- Notifying LAME of any significant defects found during maintenance activities and tooling requirements
- Ensuring that all maintenance activities are conducted safely and in accordance with the relevant manuals, company procedures and regulations
- Maintaining good housekeeping practices in the work area
The key knowledge and experience that you will need to succeed in this role include:
- Demonstrated experience in Aircraft Line Maintenance and/or Heavy Maintenance activity
- A certificate IV in Aeroskills or equivalent
- An understanding of aircraft flight operations, flight safety and airworthiness considerations
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the engineering team and strong team working skills
- Proactive commitment to safe work practises
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
This role will operate on a 4 day on, 4 days off shift pattern.
What you’ll get from us
- Award winning airline – Join Skytrax’s Best Airline and Airline Staff in Australia/Pacific for 2017!
- Diverse career paths and career development
- Great domestic and international flight benefits for you, your family and your friends
- Industry benefits – lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, and retail – you name it, we have a deal for it
Ready for your career to take off?
If you would like to join an iconic brand which has also been voted as Australia's Most Attractive Employer, then please apply now!
Advertised : W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close : W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now