Here at Virgin Australia, we have the best talent, doing the best work of their lives with meaning. Our continuous focus on the guest experience is what unites us and sets us apart in our vision to be the world’s most rewarding travel experience.
We are unmistakeable. Unmissable. We are Virgin Australia. Join our team today.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Flight Technical Publications & Communications Officer to join our Flight Operations team in Virgin Village for an 18 month fixed term contract basis.
About the Role:
The Flight Technical Publications & Communications Officer; will be heavily involved in managing the suite of Flight Operations Manuals.
You will be responsible to deliver superior standards for the authoring, quality control, and development of the intellectual content of the Flight Operations manuals and other controlled documentation reflecting the department's policy of producing intelligible and effective instructions for Virgin Australia operating crews and operational support personnel.
You will assist the Flight Operations management team in the execution and co-ordination of technical and operational support functions. You will work closely with other departments to ensure that regulatory changes are assessed and actioned whilst maintaining compliance at all times.
To be successful in this role you must be able to demonstrate:
- High level skills in documentation within a heavily regulated environment.
- Experience and expertise in analysing issues to write reports/assignments using sound grammatically correct English.
- An understanding of Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) regulations.
- Familiarity with aviation documentation and manuals such as the AIPs, Jeppesen Airways Manuals or IALs would be highly advantageous.
- Good knowledge of the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- A proven ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- A strong focus on, and commitment to a high quality of work output.
Tertiary qualifications in Aviation and/or a pilot's license will be highly regarded.
This role is a fixed term contract role for 18 months.
If you are ready for your next challenge and are a champion of better, we want to hear from you. Apply now!
For further information, see the below position description.
Flight Technical Publications Communications Offficer PD (002).pdf