Tigerair Australia has one main goal of being the budget airline of choice for all Australians and remains firmly committed to delivering the best in terms of safe, affordable, reliable air travel with friendly service.
We fly people not just planes and we know that having the right people on board at team Tigerair is critical to achieving our goal of becoming Australia’s number one choice for value air travel.
About the role:
Reporting to the Manager Technical Operations, the Navigation Services Supervisor is responsible for the oversight of company aerodrome information and aircraft FMS route information, ensuring compliance with company Operations Manual and relevant legislation.
Other key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Monitor and manage company route details in close liaison with Virgin dispatch (principally the VA navigation analyst);
- Manage the content of Jeppesen Airway Manual information to maintain complete coverage of scheduled operations, together with additional coverage for strategic and route planning purposes
- Maintain a library of Australian and International AIP documentation required to support company operations
- Manage the content of Operations Manual Part C – Route Manual including airport information and runway minima information
- Manage the validation and distribution of the aircraft FMS navigation database
- Responsible for the timely production and delivery of navigation data disks to Engineering department in accordance with published Company procedures
- Management of Airport and Route Assessment (ARAC) process.
- Assist with the implementation of new technologies pertaining to the navigation of aircraft
- Assist with Ferry Planning including provision of Overflight Clearances and Entry/Exit Permits (as applicable).
- Maintain the relationship with external organisations relevant to the position including Air services, Aerodrome operators, CASA, Honeywell and Jeppesen.
- Represent Tigerair at 3rd party stakeholder meetings
- Address new and on-going technical aspects of Operations regarding aircraft specifications and performance, including Navigation database validation; Manual updates and Project works;
- Continuously monitor and analyse AIP (including NOTAM, AIP SUPs, AICs and ERSA) for changes applicable to Tigerair operations and disseminate information as required to other departments in a timely manner;
- Provide technical support for investigations;
Who you are:
To be successful in this role you will be a flexible team player, self-motivated and have excellent analysis, communication and time management skills.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Experience in managing an aircraft navigation system in the aviation industry
- Holds (or has held) a pilot’s license is preferred
- Holds a flight dispatcher license (desirable);
- Has a sound knowledge of CASA/CAO regulations
- Experienced in the implementation of aircraft navigational systems and procedures;
- Well-developed problem solving capability;
- Remains calm and focused under pressure;
If you are looking for the next challenge in your career, have a passion to drive continuous improvement and work in a varied role with cross exposure to multiple departments within an airline group, then apply now!
Navigation Services Supervisor.pdf