Here at Virgin Australia, we have the best talent, doing the best work of their lives with meaning. Our continuous focus on the guest experience is what unites us and sets us apart in our vision to be the world’s most rewarding travel experience.
We are unmistakeable. Unmissable. We are Virgin Australia. Join our team today.
About the role:
We have an opportunity available for an experienced Ramp Manager to join our team at Sydney Airport in a dynamic and fast paced complex operations environment. The Ramp Manager is ultimately accountable for the effective management of ramp operations and achievement of Ground Operations performance objectives in airports. Reporting to the Airport Manager, the role involves leading, motivating and coaching a team of Ramp Duty Managers to successfully deliver safe work practices; exceptional customer experience; compliance with regulatory authorities and; budgets and financial outcomes to meet all Virgin Australia corporate targets.
You responsibilities will include:
- Strategically leading and managing a 300 + team in an operationally complex and highly regulated unionised environment
- Ensure and promote safety and compliance requirements, procedures and policies
- Manage and influence through your Ramp Duty Managers to achieve targets for on time performance, customer experience and continuous improvement.
- Working closely with relevant stakeholders and supporting Enterprise Agreement negotiations, renewals or changes
- Pro-actively ensuring all safety, team and performance KPI's are met
- Manage escalated employee relations matters, including performance management, investigations and disciplinary matters.
Who you are:
You are a confident and inspirational Leader who has previously managed a large workforce with a focus on safety, regulatory compliance, on-time performance and customer service in Ramp Operations. You pride yourself in your People Management and Leadership skills with a proven experience in managing operating budgets and financials.
What you’ll need:
- Highly developed leadership and management ability including relationship development and team building capacity. This includes instilling confidence in your Ramp Duty Managers to embrace challenge and opportunities.
- Demonstrated achievement in managing, motivating and leading a large number of staff.
- Strong capacity for change management, innovation and effective time management and prioritising.
- Proven experience with Enterprise Agreements and a unionised environment
- A passion for service excellence, adaptability, flexibility and commitment.
- Refined skill of applying sound judgement and reasoning to problem solving.
- Interpersonal effectiveness, engagement and active participation in a team environment; aligning behaviours to the purpose, values and vision of Virgin Australia.
What you’ll get from us:
- Fantastic employee benefits including discounted flights for you, your family and friends (across domestic and international) and global accommodation options
- Team member development – we have our own in-house learning and development centre
- Employee Assistance Program – we have 24-hour support for our team members and their families
- Performance based rewards – remuneration reviews linked to performance.
This opportunity won’t be around for long. Don’t delay and miss your chance to be part of a high-paced, dynamic team. Apply now!