We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
What we are doing?
The Group Flight Safety department conducts investigations into flight safety critical occurrences to identify root cause in conjunction with the Flight Operations department, which implement corrective and preventative actions. The primary purpose of Group Flight Safety investigations is to enhance flight safety.
About the role:
As a Flight Safety Investigator, you will maintain the Virgin Australia Safety Management System and support the operational division, by providing strategic advice, ensuring a safe and compliant operation.
Reporting into the Manager Group Flight Safety this role will see you conducting high value operational safety investigations as your primary duty. In addition to reporting and some auditing you will analyse and assess safety data, review regulatory standards and assist in planning strategic and operational implementation of new and revised regulatory requirements.
You will use your people and leadership skills by participating in the delivery of safety education and training to company personnel. You will also communicate with appropriate management and staff, regulatory authorities and aviation forums ensuring safety management and regulatory compliance.
What you’ll need:
- Currently holds, or has held a minimum of Commercial Pilots Licence, with multi-crew experience
- Lead Auditor Qualified
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Formal qualifications or experience in Human Factors
- Strong report writing skills with a proven ability to analyse data in many forms and provide accurate and reliable advice and recommendations based on this analysis
- Demonstrated experience in risk management and previous experience using a quality management application to manage safety reports and trend safety data.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of aviation legislation, regulations and regulatory structures published by local and foreign regulatory authorities.
- Experience with Flight Data Analysis programs
Our Group Flight Safety department is a busy but supportive team where you’ll be able to contribute your skills and knowledge and be a part of a high performing environment.
Click here to review the position description: Group Flight Safety Investigator_PD.pdf