Job no: 499086
Work type: Full Time
Location: Queensland Metro
Categories: Administration, Flight Operations
About the role:
The Publication Services team prints and distributes controlled information for use by our operational and corporate team members across Virgin Australia. This role is responsible for ensuring documentation is published, printed and distributed for all copyholders according to the regulatory approved ‘Controlled Document System’.
Please note that some weekend and after hours work, as well as travel across the network, is required in order to ensure Virgin Australia meets its print and distribution obligations, however you will receive time in lieu each month accordingly.
Other responsibilities include:
- Follow documented work instructions and production checklists for printing and distribution.
- Print and distribute controlled documents including revisions, temporary revisions, complete manuals, forms and ancillary publications.
- Use advanced print skills and expertise to take full advantage of printing equipment and resources.
- Assist with the aircraft library maintenance system (including simulator manuals).
- Carry out aircraft runs across the network (e.g. SYD, ADL, MEL, PER) – outside normal business hours during the monthly cycles including weekend work to meet SLA. This is also applicable to ADHOC requests for the company.
- Complete group pack distributions for flight crew, cabin crew, aircraft inductions and new ports.
- Identify and suggest improvements for safety, quality and process issues.
- Maintain appropriate levels of consumables to support production.
- Maintain the Master Reference Library.
- Maintain document control tools such as copyholder distribution lists (MDL), Print Schedule and Master Returns Checklists (MRC).
You will have:
- Experience in customer service, working within a flexible team environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word) and Adobe Acrobat – PDF.
- Excellent attention to detail and high standards of quality particularly with repetitive tasks.
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures and instructions.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritise assigned tasks to meet deadlines.
- Strong team working skills as well as an ability to work independently.
- Ability to analyse problems and identify root causes.
- Customer service orientation and a proactive nature.
What you’ll get from us:
- Experience the Virgin Australia Culture which is unlike anything else you have experienced. Become part of an internationally recognised brand that feels like family.
- The sky is the limit when it comes to career development, feel encouraged to diversify your skills and experience with access to internal vacancies.
- See Australia and the world with access to heavily discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why.
- Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail… the list goes on.
- Improve your Mind, Body and Soul with access to discounted fitness programs and a free onsite physiotherapist. We also offer discounted Corporate Health Insurance through multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Application close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now