We are looking for a strong Commercial Analyst (internally we call this role a Finance Partner) to partner with the business to truly support decision making. This role provides commercial and strategic financial support to the senior management team.
We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
What you will do
Reporting to the Senior Finance Partner, you will use your strong commercial, financial and operational experience to provide specialist financial advice, guidance, and leadership to General managers in evaluating the performance of their business units, projects and supporting commercial negotiations.
How you will do it
Key to this role will be the ability to improve operational performance and to build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. This will be achieved through:
- Business driver analysis and conducting financial evaluations on projects (i.e. cost benefit analysis, ROI, NPV, cash flows and paybacks) as well as supporting the Managers with Contract Management, Performance Reporting, and KPI capture and reporting to assist in commercial decision making.
- Monthly reporting, identifying budget / forecast financial drivers and assumptions, the provision of financial analysis and commentary on key trends.
- Providing commercial and strategic financial support to the senior management team
- Delivering budgets and forecasts to meet deliverables for the portfolio
- Overseeing the preparation and presentation of management packs
- Senior stakeholder engagement and management
- Financial analysis and modelling
- Business reporting, developing business cases and driving portfolio initiatives
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you must:
- Be CA/CPA qualified
- Have a solid amount of experience in providing financial support and leadership to all stakeholder levels ideally within aviation or similar high volume industry such as FMCG, construction.
- Have advanced excel skills
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess a demonstrated ability to engage, direct and influence senior level stakeholders.
To sum up
This is a key role within the Finance team and a true opportunity to use your finance skills to partner with the business to support their decision making. If you like to use your finance skills and experience to influence decisions then we welcome you to apply now!