Head of Procurement
An opportunity is available within the Virgin Australia Group Procurement Division for a Head of Procurement. Group Procurement provides broad commercial and contract support as a customer-focussed service provider to the Virgin Australia Group of companies. These services include commercial consulting and analysis, category strategy development, contract negotiation, vendor management, contract support services, and contract process governance across various segments of $1.5B of addressable spend.
Reporting to the CFO, the Head of Procurement is responsible for providing strategic leadership to the Virgin Australia Group Procurement function and contributing to the success of the business within the CFO Leadership Team.
To be considered for this position you will be able to demonstrate -
- Extensive experience, 15+ years in operational and strategic procurement roles encompassing a broad range of spend categories across diverse industries
- Significant leadership experience including through major change
- Experience in personally driving improvements to Procurement work practices
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ability to deliver to executive and board level
- Ability to engage and influence senior internal and external stakeholders
- Strong commercial acumen developed in a supply chain/procurement context
- Ability to develop complex business cases
- Tertiary/Professional qualifications at postgraduate level in a relevant discipline
Position Description - Head of Procurement.doc
This is a key role within the Virgin Australia Group. For further information, please contact Amanda Dyson on (07) 3333 9665 or Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org