Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
What you’ll be doing:
This FP&A Analyst role is a newly created position that sits within the broader FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis) division. Supporting the Head of Finance - Operations, you will assist with key projects, including optimising complex models to help us correctly forecast billions of dollars of maintenance costs. You will also assist with developing, reviewing and understanding modelling for accounting provisions. This includes heavy maintenance/lease obligations, systemising route profitability, margin analysis and other ad-hoc analysis
- Perform financial modelling/analysis of operational costs, investments, opportunities, labour productivity analysis, including resource utilization, maintenance contracts, aircraft initiatives and other analysis as required
- Actively engage with operational stakeholders to lead, drive and support operational financial improvements and business transformation
- Drive analysis of maintenance costs and optimise modelling to ensure accuracy
- Support business group execution of successful financial outcomes through analysis and KPI monitoring
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of the management accounts for discussion with the leadership team
- Analyse and prepare rolling reforecasts and any recurring structured budget development, ensuring accurate and appropriate use of key business performance metrics and relevant function owner support.
Who we’re looking for:
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or similar
- Proven track record of creating and improving complex models in Microsoft Excel (and other applicable systems)
- Excellent financial analysis ability, with high attention to detail
- Strong, charismatic communication skills, with the ability to confidently manage senior stakeholders
- Ability to deliver concise, accurate and professional reports and commentary for leadership teams when required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Inquisitive mindset and problem solving ability
- Must be able to come into the Brisbane Southbank office at least 3 days per week
What you’ll get from us:
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to);
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.