Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. We’re on a mission to make flying better than ‘nice’. And to do that, it takes a team of talented people who are passionate about customer experience, doing the right thing always, with a focus on safety – in the air, on the ground and in our workplaces. A team who values real diversity and inclusion, in a big brand with big ambitions.
What you’ll be doing
The Network Management team is responsible for the design, planning and implementation of the Virgin Australia Group route network. Our goal is to create and maintain a robust flying network and schedule that positions us as the top choice for our guests, at the same time driving profit by aligning capacity with passenger demand, focusing on revenue generation, cost productivity and operational resilience. This is a highly sought after role in the aviation industry, as the work is incredibly interesting and no two days are the same.
The objective of the Network Planning Analyst is to support the development of Virgin Australia’s network through:
- Undertaking analysis of new and existing markets;
- Monitoring and analysing competitor and market activity;
- Reviewing Virgin Australia and partner schedules to enhance network development and connectivity; and
- Performing other analysis that informs decisions on fleet/capacity deployment
- Identify incremental earning opportunities through network & capacity optimisation
- Monitor route profitability performance and optimise capacity deployment for future seasons
- Responsible for analysing latest market dynamics, develop actionable insights and recommendation to the wider business
- Assist with schedule design for seasonal schedule and budget building, including recommending capacity adjustments in line with seasonal demand fluctuations
- Assist in developing reports to communicate key internal and external data to internal users
- Support key stakeholders in Network Planning process (Network Management & Scheduling, Revenue Management, Strategy, Sales, Operations, Government Relations)
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a well-rounded individual that has strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work with ambiguous information to extract meaningful insights, as well as being a proactive self-starter with an inquisitive mind. You will be able to work with large sets of data and pull out the key aspects and communicate insights effectively.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Tertiary qualification in airline, economics or business disciplines is desirable, but not essential
- 2 years’ experience in airline Network Planning / air service development / commercial strategy & planning / Management Consulting roles or similar
- Expert user in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint crucial (and any experience with Power BI, SAS, Python or TM1 will be highly regarded)
- Strong analytical skills and inquisitive when approaching complex problems, with ability to translate insight into tangible actions and recommendations
- Ability to form succinct, easy to understand presentations
- Have exceptional written and spoken communication
- Experienced in working in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to multi-task and prioritise to meet deadlines
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Discounted flights for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- A flexible, hybrid work style. Work from home or the office, adapt your location to suit your style and needs
- One of Brisbane’s most admired head office locations, with South Bank train station, a supermarket, pharmacy, and lunch options downstairs plus a 5-minute walk to the Busway, a rooftop restaurant and onsite gym (with a low membership fee) and South Bank Parklands just across the road
- Discounts on travel insurance, lounge membership, car hire, accommodation, and experiences worldwide
- Cheaper hospitality, retail, technology, beauty and wellness services
- Free counselling and access to a wellbeing app to support your physical, mental, social and financial health
- ‘Dress for Your Day’ – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever makes you feel great for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you.
When everyone is included, everyone wins
We’re all individuals. And we love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.