Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. We’re on a mission to make flying better than ‘nice’. And to do that, it takes a team of talented people who are passionate about customer experience, doing the right thing always, with a focus on safety – in the air, on the ground and in our workplaces. A team who values real diversity and inclusion, in a big brand with big ambitions.
What you will be doing:
Virgin Australia is seeking a People Safety Specialist to join the Safety Systems and Operational Support team, supporting the organisation operational streams in driving WHS continuous improvement initiatives with our people’s workplace safety, workers compensation and health and wellbeing. The ideal candidate for this position will possess experience in WHS related functions.
The purpose of the role is to oversee the Virgin Australia Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) Management System and ensure best practise prevention is being applied, safety outcomes are achieved, and effective processes are in place to ensure legislative compliance.
You will work closely with the WHS Business Partners and Manager People Safety
As a People Safety Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Research, identify and analyse legislative WHS or other specified requirements, emerging WHS issues and best practice, assess and identify opportunities or impact for Virgin Australia systems and processes.
- Act as a sounding board and key partner of the divisional Leaders in engaging with and driving cultural change through the business.
- Design and deliver effective communication strategies and processes that will engage and influence the business in driving Work Health and Safety continuous improvement strategies
- Provide analysis, reporting and insights to support effective decision making and compliance outcomes.
- Provision of reports and documentation for internal and external reporting requirements for Safety Risk Review Committee Meetings
- Support the ongoing development of the WHS Management System.
- Support the Business Partners with WHS Investigations
- Maintain oversight of injury and Incident Reporting ensuing accuracy
- Manage and support special projects as directed by the Manager, People Safety
- Using specialised practical procedures, knowledge, techniques, and learned skills to manage the safety assurance scheduled and special purpose audit program including 45001 and Comcare legislative requirements for WHS including working with Business Partners and Business Units to action non-conformances and findings from assurance activity
You'll be great in this role if you:
- Have a Tertiary Qualification in OH&S or a related discipline
- Come with a minimum 2 years experience in Workplace Health and Safety with Aviation, resource or energy sectors
- Have 2 years experience implementing systems and risk management programs within industry.
- Possess high levels of experience analysing and reporting to multiple stakeholders on safety performance metrics and trends
- Have knowledge of State WHS legislative requirements
- Have a demonstrated ability in interpretation of legislative or other specified requirements to produce practical operational solutions.
- Are proficient in MS office suite of programmes and advance user of Intelex and Power Bi.
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply? We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.