Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting directly through to General Manager – Workforce Planning (WFP), you will be responsible for collaborating with internal stakeholders to co-create, design and implement WFP analytics and reporting that drives and influences transformational projects.
You will lead a high performing team responsible for developing and providing analytical capability while managing the delivery of a balanced scorecard with financial, customer, operational and safety metrics linked to strategic objectives. This key position will work closely with multiple areas of the business and will play an integral role in maintaining the delicate balance of resources required across the airline groups to effectively and efficiently operate the flight schedule alongside leave planning, recruitment, budget tracking and reporting.
To be successful in this role you will:
To be successful in this role you will have experience in leading a high performing team with a strong understanding of Workforce Planning and operational aspects of the airline industry. You will:
- Hold a Tertiary qualification in a related field or have relevant experience
- Lead and develop a team to drive effective outcomes and positive improvements
- Manage the evaluation of the effectiveness of short-to-medium term plans for ongoing business and resource planning purposes
- Develop and implement effective short term WFP analytics & reporting that connects short term priorities to our long-term strategic objectives
- Work closely with a wide range of stakeholders to deliver a tactical WFP solution
- Work closely with WFP Strategy to manage the analysis of the effectiveness of changes to agreements and regulations for all WFP managed groups
- Collaborate with WFP Strategy to develop reporting scorecards that provide visibility on key deliverables
- Make recommendations for and manage the implementation of Workforce Planning transformation initiatives
What you’ll get from us:
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to) Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.