Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. We’re on a mission to make flying better than ‘nice’. And to do that, it takes a team of talented people who are passionate about customer experience, doing the right thing always, with a focus on safety – in the air, on the ground and in our workplaces. A team who values real diversity and inclusion, in a big brand with big ambitions.
What you’ll be doing
As a Data Analyst (Engineering and Maintenance), you will support the airline's engineering and maintenance functions by analysing, modelling and optimising engineering and maintenance operations, and identifying aircraft availability and cost-saving opportunities. The role will work closely the E&M leadership team, subject matter experts and business partners, to support decision making, drive process improvements, develop business cases to ensure the safe, efficient, and reliable operation of the airline's fleet.
This role is based at our Brisbane Hangar. This role is hybrid however must be Brisbane based.
- Gathering, validating, and documenting business requirements
- Analysing commercial and budgets and forecast
- Modelling data and business processes and identifying opportunities for process improvement
- Conduct in-depth research and deliver data insights and business proposals to stakholders
- Identifying issues, risks and benefits of existing and proposed solutions and outlining business impact
- Simplifying information and deciphering technical jargon so it is easily understood by the whole team
- Implementing and testing of solutions
- Assist with the development of technical specifications for new equipment and maintenance procedures
- Support the implementation of new systems and technologies to improve the airline's maintenance operations
You’ll be great in this role if you have…
- Demonstrated experience using data analysis tools including Excel and Power BI - 2 to 3 years of experience in Analytics preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Good commercial and financial acumen
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to simplify and present complex data solutions to senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in business analysis and technology management
- Relevant degree in IT, engineering aviation or associated fields
Desirable but not essential…
- Prior experience working in an aircraft, engineering or maintenance related field
- Experience in an Agile/project deployment environment
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Flexible Hybrid working arrangements
- Discounted flights for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Discounts on travel insurance, lounge membership, car hire, accommodation, and experiences worldwide
- Cheaper hospitality, retail, technology, beauty and wellness services
- Free counselling and access to a wellbeing app to support your physical, mental, social and financial health
- Dress for Your Day’ – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever makes you feel great for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you.
When everyone is included, everyone wins
We’re all individuals. And we love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now