Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. We’re on a mission to make flying better than ‘nice’. And to do that, it takes a team of talented people who are passionate about customer experience, doing the right thing always, with a focus on safety – in the air, on the ground and in our workplaces. A team who values real diversity and inclusion, in a big brand with big ambitions.
What you’ll be doing:
The objective of the Ancillary Product Specialist role is to nurture our existing flight ancillary products and contribute to growth through seeking opportunities to improve attachment across our digital platforms. Close collaboration and placing our customer at the centre of our decisions is core to the ancillary product team and is key to the success of the products and the revenue we generate.
Additionally you will also be responsible for;
- Optimising and increasing digital conversion across ancillary product portfolio by understanding shopping behaviours and influencing booking workflows
- Identify enhancements to ancillary products to strengthen the customer proposition
- Management of financial and operational performance to agreed specifications
- Increase attachment rates across all distribution channels of the ancillary product portfolio
- Assist with onboarding of new ancillary products
- Input into future merchandising strategy and development priorities
- Contribute to design, briefing and execution of tactical roadmap initiatives to increase ancillary revenue in support to the Ancillary Merchandising and Tactical Manager
- Review product types and competitor markets to help formulate optimal digital selling proposition
- Influencing and collaborating on future ancillary strategy as it applies to placement and promotion in our digital platforms
- Act upon customer feedback and contribute to improved customer experience and increase likelihood to recommend metrics across digital touchpoints and specific product areas
- Contribute to performance management reporting
- Actively seeking opportunities to innovate with partners to improve guest experience (NPS), reduce cost and create growth opportunities
This is a 2 year maximum term contract role.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Have knowledge of best practice digital purchasing behaviour and merchandising techniques to maximise conversion rates
- Come with 2+ years experience in an eCommerce role in airline or travel industry
- Have the ability to assess and develop opportunities to drive positive VA outcomes
- Have demonstrated results in highly commercial environments
- Are experienced in developing commercial awareness and business acumen
- Have solid relationship and portfolio management skills
- Come with proven ability to build strong stakeholder relationships and navigate complex organisational accountabilities
- Have a planned and systematic approach to business improvement that relies on detailed analysis and collaboration to produce specific outcomes
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate complex thoughts and ideas clearly
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply? We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.